Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Nitro Champs 2013 Official Thread

Re: Nitro Champs 2013 Official Thread

G,day guys,

Three Nitro Funny Cars are coming and looking forward to being part of the Nitro Champs action,

Christine, myself and the crew are bringing the Croc car.
Rodney Bailey, Anthony Begley and there crew are bringing the Chemical Warfare car.
Chris and Kylie Stipanovich and crew are bring there Nitro funny car.
Spread the word, hopefully WSID will get a good crowd.
Regards
Ricky

Edited by: Ricky Steffens - 18-04-13 20:44:53

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

You guys should be the headline act.
But it's the puppet show and Spinal Tap,not the other way around.

Wish I could be there.

Ricky Steffens wrote:

Three Nitro Funny Cars are coming and looking forward to being part of the Nitro Champs action,

Christine, myself and the crew are bringing the Croc car.
Rodney Bailey, Anthony Begley and there crew are bringing the Chemical Warfare car.
Chris and Kylie Stipanovich and crew are bring there Nitro funny car.
Spread the word, hopefully WSID will get a good crowd.
Regards
Ricky

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

May look at making the trip down for this meeting, its looking good. Leigh

LEIGH TURNER
ANDRA #135

Thanks Ricky, It would worth the trip just to see the Nitro F/C's!

Edited by: michaelv8 - 19-04-13 06:09:54

lee8sec wrote:

Got to move with the times whitey  default/tongue

Lee my point is that if they have any dramas during the running of the meeting we will get to the point again that the so called draw cards of the meeting will be running on a cold track and possibly throwing oil/ etc all over the place. Since being involved with a certain group one racer and seeing what happened lat the nationals last year when he didn't get a good chance to qualify in the last session I have a different view on circus act but it not that far from what I have been saying for years. This is a critical meeting for the championship both professional and sportsman and that should come first.

Don't take life to serious ------ its not permanent

Growing old is mandatory >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> growing up is optional

My belief is that the larger Pro Series AND Aeroflow combinations should just be the ANDRA eliminators. If there is a need for support it should be off the track.

That was how it used to be (in the rule book I believe) until Calder got the exemption to run the Jets at the Nationals in the 90's, then Willowbank run Supercharged Outlaws at the Winters, then the rule got canned.

But times change, and so do the demographics, politics and costs.

I do agree with Whitey run exhibition brackets as long as the main brackets don't suffer from any possible hold up from incidents. It is a gamble, same as running grudgies but also a fine line to keep your crowd entertained during turn around times. Don't forget any vehicle can blow up and oil down

I'm really disappointed I can't make it - this has the making of a really awesome meeting. I pray that the crowds get there to support all of the categories and also the first time in god knows how long all 3 Nitro brackets are racing

Good luck and safe racing to all, and thanks in advanced to DNA for the coverage. It keeps me sane up in Karratha when I'm working

Just

Crew Chief
Upton Racing

Mike Janis making the trip to drive as well .

Where are the brays?

Whitey, i actually agree with you. I have sat in the staging lanes for a few hours waiting to race, while non championship classes, got to run & i wasn't happy either.

But, been a bike racer, we are use to getting screwed over for( by) car classes. Leigh

LEIGH TURNER
ANDRA #135

Mopar426 wrote:

Where are the brays?

They are in making about 20 doorslammers.
With 24 Pro Stock cars entered already, surely both of these categories will set a 16 car field ?

The Pro Stock guys seem all for 16 car fields, yet the Doorslammer guys don't want it (yet will gladly do grudge runs). Can't figure the logic there.

Super Sedan SS/A 1493 Phillip Rillotta Chev 1005 SA
What body is this car?
Is this the first 1000+ cube car out here or a typo?
Definatly want to have a look at this thing. That's a massive motor!

What are everyone's predictions
5.92 bump in slammer
5.62 bump in Alcohol
7.0 bump in Pro Stock
Gonna be a massive weekend of racing.
Flights all booked and hanging ot to do the live coverage again.

Cheers
Mark Shields

Hi there Mark. Look forward to bumping into you at some stage over the weekend. Looks like being great entertainment for all. Will keep you busy.

Cheers, Michael.

Doorslammer 5.98 bump,
Prostock 7.09 bump,
Alcohol 5.67 bump,
Top Fuel, Phil Read #1 w/ 4.57
PSM, Luke Crowley #1 w 7.21
Chris Matheson to run the first 5 on the fuel scooter ( 5.984 )

Cheers Luke

There is 1 guest and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
NIAL8
Members Online: