Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Nitro Champs 2013 Official Thread

Re: Nitro Champs 2013 Official Thread

With Dixon possibly coming down as well, should be an awesome meeting! Wish I could go default/sad

Follow my Australian Drag Racing History pages:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AustralianDragRacingHistory
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/ausdraghistory
https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-19/s150x150/10932104_661024330700510_1831877871_a.jpg

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I see Damien Harris is listed for duties for Santo, but I also note that they have another entry with no driver named. Anyone take a stab in the dark as to who?? Anyone??

Cheers Michael.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

If its not Dixon it will be Dobbo

Have a look and like my face book page 'Top Fuel Promotions'.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

It won't be Dixon (Lee Beard has already indicated this).
Most likely Dobson.
On a side note, how nice does Mariani's new ride look? Well done to those guys, and will be great to see them join the Fuel Show in November.

Flying down first thing on the Friday morning from Brisbane to Sydney.Will be arriving at Sydney airport about 8am flying Qantas.Would there be nayone out there that would be able to give me a lift from the airport to the track Friday morning if possible?

Cheers
Mark Shields

From Competition Plus:

Tommy Johnson Jr. is said to be racing internationally for the first time since his FIA debacle. A source has told CompetitionPlus.com, TJ will apparently drive the Rapisarda Racing dragster in Sydney, Australia during their Nitro Champs event in May. He will be filling in for Dixon who had previous commitments on the same weekend. Dixon is expected back for the ANDRA Winternationals the following event.

Santo and Beard are doing a great job with this new arrangement. Bringing Dixon and now TJ down to oz is giving the series some much needed flavour. Will be great to see Dixon return again at the Winters. The car should continue to run strong down in Sydney. Dixon loves the idea of having an NHRA event down here. How cool would that be?!

Harris's car has been set up for Sydney exactly the same as the car Dixon used at Willowbank. Santo will be on his way back to the States tomorrow to try and round up some sponsorship for the second car over there. Be interesting to see who he brings back.
I to think Mark's car looks great, Wishing him and Nat all the best, couldn't meet a nicer couple.

Anyone from melbourne keen to make the trip up the hume for this event? I am flexible with what time we leave just as long as we get there for the first group 1 session on the saturday and we can be back for work monday morning if needed. With going to the states 5 weeks after this event i really cant spend big dollars going up by myself but if i can get a couple of passengers i will definitely go.

Or if you are driving up and have a spot in your car that would work also.

Txt me on 0424094613  if you are keen

Bing

Edited by: da_bing - 24-04-13 13:56:36

Have a look and like my face book page 'Top Fuel Promotions'.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

hope santos crew spend as much time  on dammo's car?heard the crew were sick of the stuff up's. you can only have your ass on fire soo many times.

Pity it is not a full 8 car field. I would have thought Steve Read and Luke Shepherd from the PremiAir Team would have entered.

Then there is also Martin Stamatis and the Sheehan team, although probably a bit much expecting them to come all the way from WA.

Anyway one hopes the number of racers start picking up soon with Mark Mariani and the other Lamattina brother driving the second team car.

nitro champs should be great meet.

Edited by: max - 25-04-13 04:23:41

I am still 50/50 about making the trip down the F3 for this one, but I have a feeling I might just be there and it might re-kindle my nitro flame  default/cool

Greg "greyhoundracer" Wilson
Professional Drag Racing Spectator, former UDL holder and Crew Member.

Mark I fly in from Melbourne at 7.30 Friday morning. I can give you a lift if you need.

25 pro stockers is huge.
Is this a record?

There is 1 guest and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
Altered777
Members Online: