Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Nitro Champs 2013 Official Thread

Re: Nitro Champs 2013 Official Thread

For the upcoming Nitro's we will once again be covering the event using our blog and chat module "CiL". We have added some new features that should further enhance the weekends coverage including the addition of twitter to the feed. So if you are at the track and see something interesting or want to make a comment on the event you can also tweet these to @dragnewsaus

Stay tuned for more as the event draws closer.

Andra Media Accreditation : Go9

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

For the upcoming Nitro's we will once again be covering the event using our blog and chat module "CiL". We have added some new features that should further enhance the weekends coverage including the addition of twitter to the feed. So if you are at the track and see something interesting or want to make a comment on the event you can also tweet these to @dragnewsaus

Stay tuned for more as the event draws closer.

Andra Media Accreditation : Go9

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

simmo wrote:

hope santos crew spend as much time  on dammo's car?heard the crew were sick of the stuff up's. you can only have your ass on fire soo many times.

The car has been setup exactly the same as the one Dixon drove at Willowbank and Lee will be overseeing the tune on both cars. They were going to test this Saturday but decided against it.

Should be a great meeting; can't wait for it.
24 PRO, 13 TA, 19 TD - qualifying Saturday will be HUGE!
Be there hopefully around 9 Saturday morning for it and to see some sportsman action as well.
3 NFC, 10 PSM, 6 TB and 6 TF. Pity these fields weren't bigger but money, or lack of it, talks I suppose.
Love to see 16 car field in TD, but doubt it very much.
Seeing as it's a 16 car PRO field, I'll say cut-off 7.118.
TD - 5.996 for 8 cars (6.225 for 16 car field.)
TA - 5.755.
Winning ET in TF - 4.675.

Edited by: roberteg - 27-04-13 09:56:37

Get over the prizemoney sh!t. Work it out prizemoney posted for Grp 1 less T/F and F/C is $62.900, Grp 2 is $26.300, Grp 3 & 4 is $18.525. Total $107.725 less the oilers which will probably bring the total to over $150K. Entries might only just cover this then all the other expenses have to come out of spectator entry and those expenses could run into telephone numbers here in the Sydney market. If you can't afford to race what you have then go and buy some dominos.

Edited by: whitey234 - 26-04-13 16:31:07

Don't take life to serious ------ its not permanent

Growing old is mandatory >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> growing up is optional

Whitey 234/Alan,
I realize that the prize money posted won't cover all the racer's expenses and I'm not talking about prize money only but lack of sponsorship, the state of the economy, etc.
And I'm positive that everyone (racers and crew members, team owners, spectators of whom I am one, track owners, sponsors, etc), would love to see full fields in all brackets, not just Group 1.
I get there around 9 on Saturday mornings and stay till the last runs so I can watch all groups and brackets, not just Group 1 as I enjoy all classes of drag racing.
And by the way Alan, good luck this weekend not only to you but to all who are racing and may it be a good and safe meeting for all.
Looks as if the weather will be reasonably clear for it.

With PS and TD looking healthy in entry numbers, while the others look a little thin on entries, perhaps bumping up to a 16 car field in TD as well as PS might be a good way to boost the show come Sunday. After all, this is a case of working to your strengths, and the Group 1 show is undoubtedly the reason the spectator numbers swell at these events (nitro mostly). 
Alan, Roberteg said "Pity these fields weren't bigger but money, or lack of it, talks I suppose". That is a factual observation about the economy and racer's budgets (no fingers were pointed at the track), yet you jumped on to that topic like a terrier. By your statement "If you can't afford to race what you have then go and buy some dominos". What a bitter attitude. I'd rather see a part-time nitro team on the track any day than none at all. Case in point - a Fuel team that just won at Willowbank a few weeks ago that likely isn't on the list for the Nitros due to budget restraints. Perhaps they should go buy dominos, right?
I'm looking forward to this event with my little boy - he loves the fuel cars and the doorslammers. It will be great to see TJ, Lee Beard, Mike Janis and the Aussie teams take it to them on the track.

SO any further feedback on the Phillips incident today?
Has he been given the ok? Im sure he is just a bit sore.

Any footage or pictures of the new car default/sad
Such a shame.

Edited by: Vinnie - 27-04-13 17:36:01

SO any further feedback on the Phillips incident today?
Has he been given the ok? Im sure he is just a bit sore.

Any footage or pictures of the new car default/sad
Such a shame.

Edited by: Vinnie - 27-04-13 17:36:14

Robert thank you for the best wishes, we all hope for a safe race. Scott you jump on me for discussing prize money well I'm glad you like SPECTATING with your kids but even though I only race grp 3 and have done for 30+ tears have always run to a budget and not relied on prize money to get to the next race meeting, interestingly some do and as far as I'm concerned if that's the way you race then your racing career is going to be a short one. Any racer who does this seriously will work out a budget and try and stick to it, it's something that my son Brett does with their T/A deal and its something I know the pom does ( I have known the pom for many years and he is a smart business man ) . So in closing the viability of the tracks HAVE TO  BE VIEWED as if no track no racing  an then we all will be playing dominos.

Don't take life to serious ------ its not permanent

Growing old is mandatory >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> growing up is optional

Did Philips have an incident ?

Should I stay or should I go (down the F3) ? ? ? ?

Greg "greyhoundracer" Wilson
Professional Drag Racing Spectator, former UDL holder and Crew Member.

greyhoundracer wrote:

Did Philips have an incident ?

Should I stay or should I go (down the F3) ? ? ? ?

I believe he had an accident in the new Camaro on its first pass. Only what I've read/heard from the internet though.

There are spectator and teams traveling from all over Australia to be at one of, if not THE biggest event at Sydney Dragway this year. Traveling down the F3 should be a no-brainer.....

Gonna be a great event, one of the best in a while.

Big names from the USA coming over that shouldn't disappoint
Full fields in every class except TB and TF, but everything will make up for that and more!
Funny Cars making some passes
Lots of new cars making their debut as well

Can't wait to catch everything live here on DNA! Looking forward to it!

(PS: Would it be possible for DNA to make a free app. for mobile devices?)

Follow my Australian Drag Racing History pages:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AustralianDragRacingHistory
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/ausdraghistory
https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-19/s150x150/10932104_661024330700510_1831877871_a.jpg

There is updates from Saturdays T&T on the main page of this site in the live news feed, this feed is a Twitter feed and will be used to display news around the country when it comes to hand.

Drag News Australia
Australia's fastest drag racing news and information source

Whats everyone predictions on the quickest et for each group one class?

Top Fuel  4.498
Top Alcohol  5.469
Top Doorslammer 5.799
Pro Stock   6.988
Top Bike 5.999
Pro Stock Bike 7.056

If cool weather is around on weekend Im expecting some big numbers

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
David
Members Online: