fbpx

Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Seat question

Seat question

Hi all.
Last weekend I was picked up by the track staff and andra on the low back seat fitted to my Capri.
They have instructed me to fit a high back seat to the car wich I dont have a problem with, safety first. My question is can it be a Recaro style seat or does it have to be a one piece Kirky, Jaz style. The car is fully road registered and we drive to and from the track when posible. It currently runs in the 10.30's at 131mph.

Thanks for your help.
Regards
Nathan

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Seat question

Nathan,
rule 4.6.1 covers seats.
it does note
"a purpose built racing seat is required in all vehicles with a known performance or a class record quicker than 10.00(1/4) or 6.50 (1/8)"

this does not seem to imply you need a high back seat but i guess with these et's the launch would be fairly hard and this would be prefered
as you are super sedan that puts most of your classes at sub 10.00
Nathan this is from my 2011 rule book,new one is at home
Tex

Finally got a solid cam
ANDRA #4598

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Thanks Tex.
I read the same and as it states I can fit a high back seat that can remain in the car as a street car. What I was trying to avoid was putting seats in and out each time I race and limiting the times I can drive the car to the track.
Once again Tex thanks for your help.
P.S Did you notice my new wheels?
Nathan

Nathan I think the best bet would a Recaro type seat as these have the holes for your shoulder belts to come through and are a hugging type seat for side impact and are high enough to prevent whiplash etc. Not sure on the rules for registration though

Don't take life to serious ------ its not permanent

Growing old is mandatory >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> growing up is optional

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
violaris
Members Online:
Guests Online: