The show arrives in town – Double duty for Rapisarda Racing in Vegas

This article brought to you by:

Rapisarda Racing will field a two car assault for the first time on the 2012 NHRA championship series at the Summitracing Nationals at The Strip,Las Vegas Speedway on March 30-April 1.

Cory McClenathan, pilot of “The Don” car, will be joined by Western Australian Damien Harris with Santo Rapisarda Junior penciled in as crew chief for Harris.

In a surprise move Don Bender, ex-Don Prudhomme and ex-Brandon Bernstein spanner will act as consultant to the Harris/Rapisarda combo for the three day meeting.

“I’m looking forward to the weekend,” Rapisarda Jnr. told Dragnews Australia. “Damien and I worked together at Pomona last year when we just missed qualifying and with the added bonus of Don Bender helping out, the team should be in a strong position to make the field over the two days of qualifying. I’m quietly confident we can get the job done.”

The Harris crew of ten arrived in Las Vegas late on Wednesday local time after a five hour drive across the desert from Los Angeles.

“Some of the team flew from Perth to Sydney then onto Los Angeles so you can imagine there are some tired boys,” said Harris

“It’s good to be racing in Vegas and I’m sure that once we get a good night sleep and set up the trailer we will be ready to go racing.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine