No jackpots for Rapisarda in Vegas

This article brought to you by:

Sandgroper Damien Harris and NHRA star Cory McClenathan finished two days of qualifying in 17th and 18th place respectively at the SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals in Las Vegas.

“I screwed up,” was the blunt assessment from Santo Rapisarda Junior in the aftermath of the team’s failure to qualify the car of Damien Harris.

Harris ran a 4.40/215 mph while his team mate’s best pass was a 4.86/152 mph.

“I got it wrong on the final qualifier with the clutch set up,” Rapisarda told DNA. “The boys on the team were brilliant over the weekend and I feel that I let them down. Damien is a class act and drove well.

“Even though drag racing is often about the “what if’s” hopefully I can as a tuner learn from this experience. We were struggling with the clutch set up and engine combo over the weekend.”

The track temperatures were high each day and to make power under the conditions was a challenge not only for Harris’s team but also for the second car driven by Cory Mac.

The TF final saw Spencer Massey in his FRAM dragster take the victory dance, defeating Antron Brown 3.830/323.89 mph to a stout 3.849/315.86 mph.

Rapisarda Racing’s next scheduled stop is the 4 Wide Nationals at zMAX Dragway, Charlotte, NC April 13-15. Stay tuned for more exclusive insights here on Drag News Australia.

images courtesy Christie Mokotupu

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine