Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Winternationals

Re: Winternationals

Thanks for the info geoff
If mathieson rides thats a mighty effort.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Just having a look at entry list and I see Rob Tucker entered in Pro Stock. There will be some bragging rights going on in that family for sure.

And anyone now who Bill Goonan is he is entered in TD?

An with top fuel I would say the 7 entered could be final list but may get 1 more. Be great to get 1 more for a full field and I hope Harris and the team have the car sorted after there blow ups from previous 2 events. Great to see JRR coming up, hopefully they get a major sponsor soon and get back out there to chase the championship.

Going to be a great event. I think Pro Stock and Top Doorslammer will be brackets to watch. I predict a 7.08 bump spot for pro stock yes even with 16 car field and doorslammer I think bump will be a 5.96.

Can't wait

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

azza86 wrote:

I hope Harris and the team have the car sorted after there blow ups from previous 2 events.

I think they do have it sorted, Santo said they changed what they had to for the set up they are running which didn't work well will the smaller fuel tank in the car.

Follow my Australian Drag Racing History pages:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AustralianDragRacingHistory
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/ausdraghistory
https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-19/s150x150/10932104_661024330700510_1831877871_a.jpg

Now they've found the cause of the issue with Harris's car, namely the fuel tank, should be interesting to see how they go.
Their 330 feet times matched Larry Dixon's 4.50...

ANDRA #2702

Quartermile wrote:

azza86 wrote:

I hope Harris and the team have the car sorted after there blow ups from previous 2 events.

I think they do have it sorted, Santo said they changed what they had to for the set up they are running which didn't work well will the smaller fuel tank in the car.

Dig a bit deeper and you might find on one run in Sydney it ran out of fuel.

As of today 443 entries, of those only 39 (12 super stock, 11 comp, 16 comp bike) will race fixed index classes. The remainder DYO or Pro. Food for thought?

michaelv8 wrote:

As of today 443 entries, of those only 39 (12 super stock, 11 comp, 16 comp bike) will race fixed index classes. The remainder DYO or Pro. Food for thought?

Maybe for you, for the rest of us , its serious stuff.

Dont forget Super Gas

Plucka
Crew guy on the Mopar Car
useravatar
85 Posts
Forum crewman
Male  Birthday  Website 

some fuel cars need to get to the end.some go bang @ 1000 ft,no use running 4. what ever, if you go bang and shit the track.is'nt it about time they set up to go from A to B consistantly and make the class more respected? Some teams work on this theory ,some don't.Might be time to fine serial offenders?

Greg Clayton wrote:

michaelv8 wrote:

Maybe for you, for the rest of us , its serious stuff.

Greg I know it is serious stuff, that is what I was trying to point out, the numbers are dwindling in these brackets, what can be done to encourage racers to step up from DYO to group 2.If you are going to spend the money do you just go straight to group 1 or do you make your car/bike capable of running DYO or a group 2 bracket?

Where are all the wa comp cars?
With the new points system do they not need to travel across for this one anymore?

This isn't the final event of the championship so some may be choosing not to come for that reason.  It is a big expense to come all this way for one meeting and I think you will find there is better value from a sportsman racers perspective if they come across and do maybe the Mildura round and then the Nationals a week apart.  This could also be what other racers from Vic and SA are thinking as there are more point scoring opportunities this year and also Alice Springs is at the end of June and it carries bonus points if you did not run the Westerns.  Super Compact have lost the majority of there field to the Factory Extreme exhibition, how this makes sense I'm not sure.

azza86 wrote:

And anyone now who Bill Goonan is he is entered in TD?

Ex-SC/S racer - black camira.

Has the first 1970 Camaro TD - very nice car!

ANDRA #2351

Still no Brays entered.

Brays are entered. Great entry lists.

With regards to Gr2. Takes much more cash to run Index racing than it does DYO.

There are 2 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
NIAL8
Members Online: