Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Winternationals

Re: Winternationals

Look the only solution to this Rain out problem that Qld has .Run the finals before Qualifying then people can get home before the rain sets in. Easy isn't it.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

sco1035 wrote:

whitey234 wrote:

michaelv8 wrote:

There is absolutely no reason for the Winters to be run over 4 days, look at the schedule for Friday. There 476 total entries, on Friday alone they ran approx 390 racers in 12 different brackets, with 4 of those brackets having all 3 qualifiers, given that there were 111 super sedans and they had 3 qualifiers, that's a lot passes in one day and they didn't run late into the night. so the remaining 86 or so entries mainly group 1 need to run over 2 days have 4 qualifiers?

Like I said Micheal group 1took about 8 hours to run 2 sessions without accident or oil downs. Take one of those away and you have easily fitted another round off grp 3. Completely. As I said to the grp 1 racer who was surprised when I told him that they were the only ones to get 4 qualifiers.  While I'm here this is not a bagging or you may take it as it is but the SCO guys need to quicken up their routines, you are grp 3 but on average were taking longer than pro stock even with them doing their wheelie bar adjustments etc. all other DYO brackets were pushed through but some of grp  one and a third took their sweet time. Some weren't ready to fire even when told and only put the starter on the blower then.!! Ok flame away but we were sitting there waiting waiting waiting, might not seem long at the car but go sit in the stands.

Your argument regarding SCO is irrelevant, to use the group your bracket is classed as, as a measure of how long it should take to go thru your pre race routine is laughable. It takes what it takes without the human element of being too slow thrown in. All brackets, regardless of the prefix have problems from time to time being too slow. Here a suggestion for anyone listening, as in Top Dragster and Top Sportsman in the US, bring in the rule that all car must be self starting. Wont fix the human element of people not having their sh1t together, though. Here is an example of a G1 team wasting 15 minutes of track time; TA FC has some issues on the startline in qualifying, intead of flicking it off on the line and being pushed back, decides to roll down the track, not having enough monmentum or possibly thinking they dont want to mess up the track should something be leaking(?), stops the car on the track at around 1000'. The track crew/ meeting director, whoever, then decide rather than push, tow, whatever the car off the track, they will wait for the car's crew to amble down the return road and tow it off at their leisure. So what bracket you run in shouldn't not determine how much time you should/ should not take for your run. Good and bad in everyone.

Yes grp 1 wasted some time but I don't think is was 15 minutes, that's just stretching it a bit. Waiting in the staging lanes seems like an eternity but we were sitting in them cold stands. Your reply to my post just reinforces my opinion of some in group one and a third. You are grp 3 and should be ready to fire when told as most do, but if you wish the freedom to have that extra time or other  stuff then step up to that grp and stop being a pirmadona in grp 3 cause that where you are. We don't expect you to be idleing waiting in the water to do your burnout as soon as the pair in front go past the 330 ft but just have everything ready when your told to fire up. I saw some really bad sportsmanship over the weekend, like firing up after the other car was nearly back from their burnout and not squeezing their procedure. I know where I race and live with it.

Don't take life to serious ------ its not permanent

Growing old is mandatory >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> growing up is optional

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

You obviously read as well as you spell. If you don't understand what is written in front of you, thats ok, but don't make it into something thats it's not.
It's the human element that faarks thing up, not the bracket you run in.

Like Whitey said a few minutes at the car might not seem long to the crew but to the spectator sitting on a cold hard tin seat it is.

Perhaps the POOR Spectator sitting on a cold hard tin seat could use the time to LOOK at what is going on at the start line
May be one or more of them might notice the SCO cars are sitting ready waiting for the order to start up
I know the GRUPE 1 people can just pull out to the line and start up when they feel like it BUT Supercharged Outlaws wait until they are told to fire up.
It is the track officials that determine when the track is ready NOT the SCO people AND NOT some winging spectator sitting on a cold hard tin seat (bring a cousins)
It is not fun sitting in a car with an SFI 20 suit on waiting in the heat of the car to be ALOULD to start up.
but in saying that (it is not safe to go down the track and hit a pach of oil) that was not seen becorse the track walkers arnt given time to do there job.

As a long term spectator, the 4 round 2 day group 1 qualifying was nothing short of spectacular. The fact that race day was rained out, was beyond anyone's control. Reducing the number of qual runs or shortening the length of the meeting will not prevent the sky dumping on the track if it so desires.

As someone who parts with their hard earned and travels extensively from Townsville to watch GROUP 1 drag racing, I must confirm that while sportsman racing is often entertaining and spectacular, they will always have to work around group 1. (its what puts bums on seats.)

sco1035 wrote:

You obviously read as well as you spell. If you don't understand what is written in front of you, thats ok, but don't make it into something thats it's not.
It's the human element that faarks thing up, not the bracket you run in.

I read what was in front of me and replied to a few of your queries .i think that in my 30 plus years as a racer I have seen everything but some grp one and a third racers take the cake. By the way if you don't know what I mean by grp one and a third it goes back to when I was on the nsw dc and the proposal was put to us and one demand was 40 mins turn around time, you are grp 3 and demanding turn around time that grp 2 gets WTF. As I said most of the racers are ok but there are some that need to be reminded what group they race in.

BEAR1258 wrote:

Like Whitey said a few minutes at the car might not seem long to the crew but to the spectator sitting on a cold hard tin seat it is.

Perhaps the POOR Spectator sitting on a cold hard tin seat could use the time to LOOK at what is going on at the start line
May be one or more of them might notice the SCO cars are sitting ready waiting for the order to start up
I know the GRUPE 1 people can just pull out to the line and start up when they feel like it BUT Supercharged Outlaws wait until they are told to fire up.
It is the track officials that determine when the track is ready NOT the SCO people AND NOT some winging spectator sitting on a cold hard tin seat (bring a cousins)
It is not fun sitting in a car with an SFI 20 suit on waiting in the heat of the car to be ALOULD to start up.
but in saying that (it is not safe to go down the track and hit a pach of oil) that was not seen becorse the track walkers arnt given time to do there job.

You know what you should sit on the spectator seat and watch sometime. I am a racer with over thirty years experience and have seen a lot of racing. We went to watch the winters (I'm not a good spectator) and understand exactly what goes on in the startup area and what track walkers do, oh and I have probably sat in a race car longer that you would have in the heat because I only race modified and we aren't allowed out of the car even if its 100 plus but then again I am grp 3 same as you. Funny how the track walkers don't walk out in front of us to see if we've dropped shit all over the place and if the car in front of us has spat shit everywhere we are told to shut the car down and refire it. Your going to say we just can't refire cause were blown but you are grp 3. Like I said previously there are some reread  some in the bracket that think they are better and deserve better and I repeat the the officials told some to start but they weren't ready..

Never saw the incident but if you can't fire when you are told to by track staff, you should be told to tow away. Simple really. I have no idea how you can't be ready. Maybe for a final when the turn arounds are very tight.

WB did very well from this meet. Great crowd sat and sun and we had heaps of newbies talking to us in the pits and they all seemed to be having a blast.

So if you were on the DC at the time Whitey can you please explain why us grp 1 and a 1/3 racers have to pay the same licence fees as group 2 and have the field limited to 32 if we are all just group 3 and should all do the same thing how about we drop super sedan and modified back to 32 car fields and save a heap of time that way.  You were there you ought to know so please explain on that one, next time compare apples with apples not oranges. 

I do agree that some stuff around, some even resort to game playing during qualifying and as pointed out before that is the human element and it is really up to the competitor to know who takes time/plays games and up to the officials to give them a tap on the shoulder if it during qualifying and is holding up the program.

NLP1452 wrote:

So if you were on the DC at the time Whitey can you please explain why us grp 1 and a 1/3 racers have to pay the same licence fees as group 2 and have the field limited to 32 if we are all just group 3 and should all do the same thing how about we drop super sedan and modified back to 32 car fields and save a heap of time that way.  You were there you ought to know so please explain on that one, next time compare apples with apples not oranges. 

I do agree that some stuff around, some even resort to game playing during qualifying and as pointed out before that is the human element and it is really up to the competitor to know who takes time/plays games and up to the officials to give them a tap on the shoulder if it during qualifying and is holding up the program.

I don't really know about the licence pricing but I do know that it was actually the racers that wanted a restricted field. The blown racers in super sedan and modified were concerned about having to race 6 or more rounds and against slower cars without having to step up to grp 2, so the deal was to have the quickest 16 open and closed cars race off and if there was a shortage of one then the other type of car will fill the 32 car field. Don't blame ANDRA  for the monster that has been created because it was the racers that only wanted 5 rounds of racing and racing quicker cars all the time. The restricted field ets are so that every body has a chance to race in the class without having to spend a squill ion dollars, but racers being racers will always want to spend squill ions to go faster and then complain that they have to slow the cars down. The founding racers got what they wanted but now we have a monster.
As I was typing this I think that the licence fee was something to do with extra tv on par with grp2. Even though you are still only grp 3.

There you go

whitey234 wrote:

I don't really know about the licence pricing but I do know that it was actually the racers that wanted a restricted field. The blown racers in super sedan and modified were concerned about having to race 6 or more rounds and against slower cars without having to step up to grp 2, so the deal was to have the quickest 16 open and closed cars race off and if there was a shortage of one then the other type of car will fill the 32 car field. Don't blame ANDRA  for the monster that has been created because it was the racers that only wanted 5 rounds of racing and racing quicker cars all the time. The restricted field ets are so that every body has a chance to race in the class without having to spend a squill ion dollars, but racers being racers will always want to spend squill ions to go faster and then complain that they have to slow the cars down. The founding racers got what they wanted but now we have a monster.
As I was typing this I think that the licence fee was something to do with extra tv on par with grp2. Even though you are still only grp 3.

There you go

that is the hole problem with all the gp1 @#$##
we pay extra for the TV that was not there on friday when we ran SO why pay for something we dont get???

and as for the racers wonter it (32car fild) BULL S$#% no one asked me or any one i know.

BEAR1258 wrote:

whitey234 wrote:

There you go

that is the hole problem with all the gp1 @#$##
we pay extra for the TV that was not there on friday when we ran SO why pay for something we dont get???

and as for the racers wonter it (32car fild) BULL S$#% no one asked me or any one i know.

You wanted to know why a 32 car field and I tell you and you say bullshit well sunshine that's why. Your fellow racers didn't want to race anymore than 5 rounds of racing full stop over and out. I also think that some in  your class need a kick in the arse because there are naturally aspirated modified and sedans running quicker than you've got with a blower and they still have to race against a lot slower car. Look at the winner of the nitros in modified set the et record at 7.10 and won the meeting after 5 rounds over 2 days and was running packages some in your bracket wouldn't understand. Your group was the one of the reasons I got out of the dc and this is my last post here on this topic!

Think everyone should have printed off a copy of W'banks Winternationals schedule and studied it. It IS not the human element that slows a program, it is oil downs, breakages and crashes. The human element is controllable. If you study the schedule you can work out how much time the track allows to run each bracket. This time is calculated on the assumption that when a car/ bike enters the staging lanes they are ready to run. So if you are not ready when called then you miss out. It is that simple, no matter what driving suit you are required to wear or what class you race in. For the record SC/O gets over 3 times longer to run a paired pass(3mins 45 sec)than Super Sedan and Modified who get just over 1 min to run.
AS for the 32 cars in SC/O, read the rule book, it's there in black and white. I can only assume a racers reads it first before choosing what bracket they want to race in an accepts the rules accordingly.

The problem has being going on since the dawn of time, fingers will always be pointed at someone, SCO too slow, too many JDs, TF oiling down, Pro Stock wheelie bars. All classes have held the show up at some point in time, like Sportsman guys get on the limiter about being bumped in favour with group one all the time and for holding up the show.

If I was ANDRA then Sportsman get their own events, group one get their own events, dont say it cant be done, because it can be done very easily. It wont be done because the tracks need the sportsman entry, but if ANDRA came up with a sponsor I reckon we would see a separation in events. The idea is being floated in the NHRA because the very same thing happens there.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
leonardodall
Members Online: