Rookie outlaw championship fight for Danaher

This article brought to you by:

Victoria’s Jack Danaher is riding a wave jubilation following his second straight Supercharged Outlaws win in the Rocket Allstars Racing Series and now heads into the Winternationals with a share of the championship points lead.

Danaher who is in his rookie season in Supercharged Outlaws made his RARS debut at Sydney Dragway in March taking a dream victory.

The UDT Logistics sponsored dragster then returned at the Nitro Champs and added a Gold Christmas Tree to the trophy cabinet.

“The Nitro Champs were simply awesome! We qualified in third place again with a 6.64 @ 202mph PB and headed in to racing pretty happy,” said Danaher.

The rest of the event went like clockwork.

“The two race days were just fantastic, the atmosphere was amazing and the crew did such a great job preparing the dragster for each round as well as keeping me calm,” he said.

“We were lucky enough to take the win in the first four rounds of very close tight racing with a winning margin in the semi final of just 4 one hundredths of a second.

The final pitted Danaher against the dragster of Fiona Reed.

“The final was held at just after 4pm and we were just so happy to be there. We really felt as though we were getting on top of the tune up and I was feeling more and more comfortable in the dragster.

“To get to the end of track and realise we had just won our second major event was a pretty special feeling,” he said.

With only a handful of events under the belts for Danaher following a step up from Modified, driving a supercharged machine is thrilling the senses.

“It’s hard to explain to some people the feeling of driving one of these machines, to be propelled off the start line pulling around 2G forces and reaching 100KPH in just under a second is pretty amazing,” he said.

Danaher now goes into the final round of the championship at the Winternationals equal points leader with another rookie in Luke Marsden. The funny car of Marsden was unstoppable for the first half of this season and the rookie battle sets up a riveting conclusion to the championship. With over 40 Outlaws entered next weekend any win will be well deserved.

After already having a season that has exceeded all his expectations, Danaher would like to thank those who helped him achieve the success he has had going into the Winternationals.

“I could not have done it without the help of my crew, but more importantly I could not have done it without the support from my sponsors – UDT Logistics, EJ Russell Plant Hire, Exhaust Bros, Aikman Engineering and Repco,” he said.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine