Bray tests four cylinder weapon

This article brought to you by:

Despite logging some very respectable off the trailer shakedown passes with a new Nissan powered Pro Compact, Ben Bray said he just hopes to qualify well for this weekend’s Brisbane Jamboree at Willowbank Raceway.

Bray carded a 7.49 at 187mph in testing in a change from his usual seat in the Sidchrome Monaro Top Doorslammer.

“My first goal this weekend is just to put down a good qualifying pass. If we can do that first we’d be pretty happy,” Ben said. “I think there will 11 Pro Compact cars and at least 10 of them could definitely out-qualify me.”

After only taking delivery of the late model Ness Racecraft chassis four and half weeks ago, Ben is aiming high and wants to put on a good show for his long list of supporters who have made this project happen.

“Collin Willshire is the bench mark at the moment as he is running in the sixes, if I beat his time this weekend maybe I will shout him a cappuccino and a muffin,” he said. “Seriously now if I can run a low seven at somewhere around 190 mph, well this would be the cream on the cake. It’s a fast looking car now and we just need to make it faster. A lot of people have given me a lot of support and the best way to repay their faith is to put on a good performance and prove I am worthy of their support.”

Ben would like to thank following people and companies who have helped make his MR-1200v3 project happen:

Victor and Marie Bray, Anthony Vloedmans (Woggie), Graeme Frawley (Aluminium Welder of the year), Jamie Page (ET Chassis), Ben Hunt (Rotary Motorsport), SpeedFlow, Nissan, Phil Laird last but by no means least Sam for doing double duties at home looking after kids and keeping the house running.

The Brisbane Jamboree hits Willowbank Raceway this weekend. This is Australia’s largest hi-tech drag racing and import car event. The Brisbane Jamboree’s off track support program is set to explode this year with the Show-N-Shine, Matt Mingay Stuntz Inc show, MC Kitch – Beat Box , Fabre Australia Babe Comp, traders and much more.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine