Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Nitro Funny cars (DEAD or ALIVE)

Re: Nitro Funny cars (DEAD or ALIVE)

I dont agree in the rule submission with "handicap" and lane choice , it should be heads up and the usual lane choice scenario. Yes overall the dragsters "should" be faster but its first to the stripe that wins.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

OK I'M GOING TO GET SHIT CANNED FOR THIS BUT SHIT HAPPENS If they want to play with the rails they need to lift there game I watched them at AIR GC's cars were faster and did not shit on the track unlike the late model stuff.GC's cars put on a hell of a better show. i have seen them about 4 times and thinking about flying to sydney for the main show $1000 return, thats how much i enjoy them

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Well said Simmo. So we put them in with the main show and they oil the track and disappoint in front of a big crowd. Surely they are better off getting some runs under their belt running in front of a few thousand spectators than being on the big stage going up in smoke and breaking shit or aborting runs. Nitro aint easy and a big part of getting one of these cars down the track is data and right now they have none so to come out on the big stage and screw up infront of a big crowd aint doing themselves no favors.

Use Calder and AIR as an example, I know these guys are desperate to run but did they honestly think for one second they would get down these goat tracks? Hell some of the smartest tuners in the country struggled to get down these 2 tracks with a heap of recent racing. All those 2 events did was tarnish the nitro funny car status and I can see the same thing happening if they go out and run with guys like Morgs, Lamma, Read and Santo.

Get some data running smaller meets and hopefully build the car count to a point where there is enough of them to run nitro funny car as a bracket in the championship.

For the record, I am a huge fan of all 3 nitro classes and my posts on this subject are my opinion on the best way for my favorite class to have a chance to once again be the class that brings the most people through the gates and keeps them coming back.

Have a look and like my face book page 'Top Fuel Promotions'.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

da_bing wrote:

Well said Simmo. So we put them in with the main show and they oil the track and disappoint in front of a big crowd. Surely they are better off getting some runs under their belt running in front of a few thousand spectators than being on the big stage going up in smoke and breaking shit or aborting runs. Nitro aint easy and a big part of getting one of these cars down the track is data and right now they have none so to come out on the big stage and screw up infront of a big crowd aint doing themselves no favors.

Use Calder and AIR as an example, I know these guys are desperate to run but did they honestly think for one second they would get down these goat tracks? Hell some of the smartest tuners in the country struggled to get down these 2 tracks with a heap of recent racing. All those 2 events did was tarnish the nitro funny car status and I can see the same thing happening if they go out and run with guys like Morgs, Lamma, Read and Santo.

Get some data running smaller meets and hopefully build the car count to a point where there is enough of them to run nitro funny car as a bracket in the championship.

For the record, I am a huge fan of all 3 nitro classes and my posts on this subject are my opinion on the best way for my favorite class to have a chance to once again be the class that brings the most people through the gates and keeps them coming back.

Bailie's has been running low 5.100 later and getting down track so going bye that they can win rnds?Going bye times at winters=

qfl 1
2 cars run 4.78
5 cars run 8 seconds pus

qfl2
1 cars 4.61
2 cars 4.87
2 cars 8 seconds plus

qfl3
2 cars into 4 seconds
4 cars 8 seconds plus

Nitro champs only 6 cars show
qfl order
morgan 4.77
read 4.91
harris 5.05
tommy johnson 5.24
lamattina 6.23
sainty 6.2

So I believe funnycars have a chance running against dragster.Also do you think the funnycar guys will rock up local champ rnd for no money because track wont pay for it. Track championship track needs to spend big dollars to bring Nitro funnycars in and also to get a crowd in and its not worth wasting that kind off money. When funnycars can run with topfuel and doesn't cost one cent to Track and Andra with huge advantages to sport, racers and crowd.

Edited by: max - 17-08-13 18:23:46

Max, forget about them running together, it will never happen nor should it. The dragster guys are dead against it and IN MY OPINION the funny car guys would be crazy to run against them.

It will cost the tracks no money to have the funny cars and could actually make them money if you read my previous comments. Why not beef up the track champs and run nitro funny car and the Difilippo jets? Now that would bring in the crowds. Hell i'd drive up from Melbourne to see that.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

da_bing wrote:

Max, forget about them running together, it will never happen nor should it. The dragster guys are dead against it and IN MY OPINION the funny car guys would be crazy to run against them.

Da_Bing you tell me the Andra Ceo  which put a Rule submission in for funnycars and topfuel to run together doesnt knows the landscape of dragracing and australia market?I heard hes pretty keen on subject

Edited by: max - 17-08-13 18:56:11

So its ok to force this on a group of racers who clearly dont want it but on the other hand keep rejecting turbo and nitrous cars in slammer because the slammer racers dont want it?

Again this is  JUST MY OPINION albeit a pretty informed one

I want to know whats doorslammers got any-think to do with this subject?Have you da_bing ask every top fuel guy about subject?Some times as Company you need to be bold and the top fuel guys will race with funnycars if Andra introduce it(will top fuel guys boycott rnds?).As a Buisness decision their so many advantages running funnycar with top fuel at championship rnds.Also I believe running funnycars a local rnds will not help one bit to the sport and wont grow that class one bit?

Ps Off the subject doorslammers arnt having any trouble with their class.Their getting good car counts and racing is good.You cant say that about topfuel?Also Doorslammers was design for blowers and these people with these turbos knew when they build those car or brought those cars and didnt have a place for them in group one.Maybe they should start their own series like ardl did?

Edited by: max - 17-08-13 19:14:45

The reason I bring up the slammer (now listen carefully) is that they refuse to accept change and ANDRA is ok with that but they expect the fuel guys to accept screwing with their class. Do you undertand that? I really cannot make the comparison any more simpler than that.

I am putting out a simple solution that will not upset or tread on anyones toes and could quite possibly work, do you actually read what i post?

As for speaking to the TF guys, i have spoken to the majority of them at length on this subject hence my informed opinion but again I AM NOT SPEAKING ON ANYONES BEHALF, just my informed opinion

On your ps. have you ever seen pro mod run? I seen them a month ago and WOW! what a class! We are missing out big time. And to go further off topic we need injected nitro here, those things are amazing!

Now back to scheduled programming.

da_bing wrote:

The reason I bring up the slammer (now listen carefully) is that they refuse to accept change and ANDRA is ok with that but they expect the fuel guys to accept screwing with their class. Do you undertand that? I really cannot make the comparison any more simpler than that.

Is Top Fuel guys refuse to accept change for the better off sport too?.Im trying to understand but I see way to many positives off funnycars running with top fuel(are the top fuel guys scared getting bettin bye funnycars?).

For a start Max, when there is a red squiggly line underneath a word it means you have miss spelt it and if you right click your mouse it will offer you the correct spelling although most of the time you are so far off even the spell check will have no idea what it is you are trying to say.

All I am doing is offering an alternative but you seem hell bent on going with your opinion and fair enough. If we all had the same opinion the world would be a pretty boring place. I am done for the night but I will check in tomorrow to read what others think about this.

I will say one more thing or possibly repeat myself yet again. I cannot see how getting beaten up by the dragster guys or aborting runs/oiling the track is a good thing for funny cars. It will just give the other classes a reason to bitch about how much downtime the nitro classes cause but I guess that gives all the haters something to hate.

Have a good night Max.

Edited by: da_bing - 17-08-13 20:14:40

The T/f cars are here, it is probably the economics of running them at the moment that we don't see them at every meeting. I personally don't want to see a mixed nitro class, it would be like Rugby vs AFL. It couldn't be taken seriously at any championship level, nor by any diehard fans.

Nitro Funny Cars just refuse to die in this country, as there is always somebody wanting to resurrect the class, just like Christine and Ricky, as it is there is quite a few of them laying idle around the country, as well as other teams willing to join in, if and when the time is right.

I quite like Mr Da Bings idea of creating a completely separate show for them, yep, the more I think about it, the more I like it.

da-bing

This thread is about Nitro Funny Car! Not Doorslammer or Pro Mod.

You seem to have some ties with Top Fuel. Who are the teams who don't want Funny Cars to run with them? What are they afraid of?

This is how Top Alcohol is run. Why can't it work with Nitro?

Not sure if you have seen any Track Championship rounds from Willowbank lately but they would be lucky to get a couple of hundred spectators so that wouldn't benefit the tracks or the funny car teams.

Let the funny cars run with Top Fuel for one season. HEADS UP who will benefit - the tracks, ANDRA, the spectators. If there are any Top Fuel teams that reject to the sports growth. Lets see you put your hand up here. If not let the new rule pass to let the Nitro classes combine as it should.

Paul Doeblien
Racer and a spectator.

Ya gotta understand Mr Da bing, you have to translate what Max says, he always reads like he has just got of the boat from some distant land, sometimes I have to read his stuff 3 or 4 times before I get what he is on about, but beware ,don't disagree with him..............

Max

http://dragnews.com.au/images/agorapro/attachments/679/mini_1a1Inbox.a1Inbox

Edited by: Karl Kruizer - 17-08-13 20:41:11

Attachments:
There are 6 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
NIAL8
Members Online: