Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Nitro Funny cars (DEAD or ALIVE)

Re: Nitro Funny cars (DEAD or ALIVE)

I see the new Outlaw Nitro Funny Car Series has appointed Steve Bettes a management role. He was quoted

We have a minimum of 13 cars ready to rumble at Sydney, we have some great backing and enthusiastic competitor group and the resources to deliver the best show drag racing has seen - I can’t wait for the first event – it’s going to be something special!”

If this Group is trying to deliver the best show drag racing has seen,should Andra be worried about the impact what this can do to Andra championship racing(isn't Andra sanction these meets).

Some question= is this Outlaw Nitro Funny Car Series will be run alone and nether try to be apart Andra championship rnds?Does this group want to run exhibition at some Andra rnds?Why start a outlaw nitro funnycar series and will that hurt any exciting or future classes of Andra group one?What are their future goals off class?

Ps Why is this a outlaw nitro funnycar series and not a nostalgia nitro funnycar series?

Edited by: max - 01-10-13 17:04:09

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

NitroFC wrote:

Ralph,

Where was that pic of the "Concerned" FC taken?

Torana HB, V8 Engined Funny Car, 2012 Judgement Day Drag Races, Sydney Dragway, Eastern Creek.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76322446@N … /lightbox/

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

http://www.dragnews.com.au/images/agorapro/attachments/338/mini_outlaws-funnycars.jpg

Great ad for upcoming outlaw Nitro funny car event. Just curious is the Australia Nats event got some-think similar like that up, which is before this outlaws event?

If not how can Andra or Sydney can attract a crowd to up coming Australia Nats when they are promoting a event thats is after the Nats.This is where I believe(Marketing) Andra and tracks is letting down the Sponsor,Racers and Spectators,Andra really needs to look at their Marketing strategy more?Maybe is time to give away free tickets away to get 20000 plus at tracks to bring those new spectators in.But really need a better system to promote event in my opinion.

Ps Its about 2 1/2 weeks to go for nitro thunder event at calder in Melbourne.Has anyone from Melbourne seen Tv Ads or advertizing for event?

Edited by: max - 02-10-13 18:41:04

i drive a truck in melbourne and have the radio going all day on a variety of different music and talk back stations and havent heard an ad yet.

i recall hearing ads in ballarat for the slamfest event at heathcote a while back.

Max,

I think it's called outlaw because they run slightly different rules to normal Nostalgia Nitro FC class (which I believe is like the USA rules). I could be wrong; often am.

Ralph,

Thanks for that. Has anyone got a high quality pic of Graeme's old HPW Camaro NFC? The one he cracked into the sixes with? My favourite all-time Australian NFC.

Cheers

There was a Calder street meeting ad on TV last night.

max wrote:

Why is this a outlaw nitro funnycar series and not a nostalgia nitro funnycar series?

Probably because it is not restricted to nostalgia cars. Current funny cars can join in.

Radio ads for Calder start next week. It aint cheap to advertise on stations like triple m. A couple of other things going on around Melbourne in the next 2 weeks

Have a look and like my face book page 'Top Fuel Promotions'.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

da_bing wrote:

It aint cheap to advertise on stations like triple m.

Well it's all a matter of how you look at it Darren.Radio is generally cheaper than TV for a given timeslot and I'm sure MMM's ratecard will show prime advertising as comparatively high. Also depends on what program it's aired on and how many times the campaign will want it run.

All the major FM stations are running ads from next week I believe. Triple m were a huge part of the success of drag racing in Melbourne and are keen to get on board again. Who remembers the outside broadcasts from the track in the mid 90's?

Have a look and like my face book page 'Top Fuel Promotions'.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

The best that can be mustered for the return of Andra Championship Drag Racing to Melbourne is 4 Top Fuel cars.  That says it all really. 

12 cars for next year apparently, part time or full time or just sayin they'll be there to ward off those evil funny car people.  If you are not fully aware of the realities of owning a Top Fuel team cost & time wise then it's probably best you don't go down that road.

NLP1452 wrote:

The best that can be mustered for the return of Andra Championship Drag Racing to Melbourne is 4 Top Fuel cars.  That says it all really. 

Beat me to it.

max wrote:
Why is this a outlaw nitro funnycar series and not a nostalgia nitro funnycar series?
Probably because it is not restricted to nostalgia cars. Current funny cars can join in.

Current Top Fuel funny cars cannot join in!

NLP1452 wrote:

12 cars for next year apparently, part time or full time or just sayin they'll be there to ward off those evil funny car people.  If you are not fully aware of the realities of owning a Top Fuel team cost & time wise then it's probably best you don't go down that road.

....And 8 cars 2 weeks later in Sydney......what's your point?
I find the scrutiny on Top Fuel by some of you laughable...
Care to elaborate on any of the current fuel teams that 'may not be fully aware of the realities of cost that shouldn't go down that road'?
Perhaps Pom, Sainty, Premiere, Jim Read etc should sell up and bugger off because they can't attend every round? I'll take as many fuel teams that are on offer and be grateful for it. We all know it's an expensive game and they are exciting cars - the teams race at their own financial discretion.

As for Funny Car, give them their own category - if they can show up with a minimum of 4 cars at 4 rounds next year, that's a great start. The Baileys, Steffans etc are great ambassadors for the category and I have nothing but admiration for them and their tenacity in keeping the Funny Car dream alive.

When questioned on the viability of combining Nitro Funny Car with Top Fuel even for a short period of time whilst numbers were down, Pinazza said, “There is no need to do that, we have up to 12 Top Fuel cars ready to go for next season.”

....And 8 cars 2 weeks later in Sydney......what's your point?
I find the scrutiny on Top Fuel by some of you laughable...
Care to elaborate on any of the current fuel teams that 'may not be fully aware of the realities of cost that shouldn't go down that road'?
Perhaps Pom, Sainty, Premiere, Jim Read etc should sell up and bugger off because they can't attend every round? I'll take as many fuel teams that are on offer and be grateful for it. We all know it's an expensive game and they are exciting cars - the teams race at their own financial discretion.

My "point" Scott,is not so much attacking Top Fuel racers and or owners,it's the fact that a Top Fuel series is barely one when there are 4 cars racing at Calder which would have only been 3 if not for the Lamattina's putting together a second car.Go back and have a look how many Top Fuel cars have entered events over the last 5 years and see what the average is.There were only 3 cars entered at a Perth meeting a few years ago.So we'll get the blah blah blah it's Perth too far away etc.Only 4 at the last Adelaide T/F meeting.At that rate Top Fuel doesn't deserve a series any more than Nitro Funny Car doesn't get a national series.The only track that gets oversubscribed is Sydney because most of the cars are based there.

There are 3 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
shakiraconcert
Members Online: