Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Nitro Funny cars (DEAD or ALIVE)

Re: Nitro Funny cars (DEAD or ALIVE)

Say if Andra did join top fuel and funnyscars together what would the car count be like at calder?7 cars maybe

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=450289708413570&set=a.265177280258148.53296.260716844037525&type=1&ref=nfhttp://

Hoping this link works! Who else is going?

http://dragnews.com.au/images/agorapro/attachments/438/mini_NZ-funnies.png

Attachments:
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

The link works.NZ gets a taste of Oz Nitro.
Good on them for getting the cars over there.

Good stuff, but can we get their Nitro cars over here?

I agree with Andy M, the Top Fuel show has been poor for years, T/F Australia can talk the talk but so far haven't produced. I don't think there could be a better time than now to be combining T/F and F/C. The opportunity to reintroduce nitro to an old and more importantly NEW Calder crowd was missed. As it was they got to see a 3 car race with the unfortunate problems first pass for The Pom, and it would have been a 2 car race if Lamatinas hadn't brought a second car. The paying spectators deserve better than that, especially when it's billed as "Nitro Thunder", lets hope that T/F produce at the Nationals

Edited by: michaelv8 - 26-10-13 11:50:22

jclay wrote:

Poor Zamo this is not about you. You say that you don't get recognition. Weren't you a Gr3 car. Plenty of Gr1 cars that don't get recognition.

With regards to NFC. Run them heads up with TF. Wasn't there a rules proposal from the boss regarding this. What was the outcome?

I know this is a little late news but I was right they won't be running TF with FC heads up that's the stupiest idea I'v heard, ANDRA thought so to I hear! Poor Zamo fare from it pal!lol all the way to the Bank!lol

Edited by: ZAMO - 26-10-13 15:26:41

So you were right Zamo, nice for you. Do you really think that the show at Calder was good. Imagine if a few Nitro FC were mixed in. Would have helped improve the show. You enjoy your journey to the bank while I will enjoy my trip to the Nationals.

Scott75, I don’t have to elaborate on anything; I’m only going off what is presented to us in the article.

“There is no need to do that, we have up to 12 Top Fuel cars ready to go for next season.”

12 Cars ready to go, great, fantastic news, don’t get me wrong, there is nothing better in drag racing than 2 fuel cars under power the whole way, they are the IT factor of our sport be it a funny car or top fuel car when it comes to getting the casual spectator through the gate, hence why the show needs to be consistent. 
No I don’t expect there to be 12 cars at each round but to only have 4 on the return of Championship Drag Racing after an absence of 12 years to the biggest sporting market in Australia is, as you say, laughable.
So there are 8 entered for Sydney, this is not uncommon, Sainty’s generally only run at Sydney and the Winternationals and with the Rapisarda crew racing in the USA to even have two cars ready is truly an unbelievable commitment and effort.  The Pom generally runs east coast events and has the most consistent car out there lately with a new sponsor, good on them.  But if you want the casual spectator to come back you have to give them a consistent show and 3 or 4 at one round then 8 at another is not consistent.
This is not about the hardcore fan, they will most of the time always go and are generally not there just for top fuel.  This is all about getting that casual spectator and turning them into a regular race goer and the flow on effect that has. 

“What Top Fuel needs is help from both the tracks and ANDRA,” he continued. “If we can’t get that it will be interesting to see what will happen.

So now you have a get out clause if there is a small field. 

“Top Fuel prize money has remained virtually constant for many years yet costs associated with running these teams are escalating.”

Nearly all prize money has remained constant and just like Top Fuel teams everyone’s costs have gone up.  Why should Andra and Tracks have to fork out just for the one bracket?  I’m not defending Andra or the tracks, there is much that all parties I believe could do better but if they are to turn around and subsidise the costs for them then would it not be fair other Group One teams expect the same. 
The fact that Pro Stock has only 6 championship rounds next year is ridiculous when you consider that they regularly have enough entries for 16 car fields.  Doorslammer often have enough as well and they have plenty of rounds next year yet Top Bike have just as many rounds as Top Fuel yet have struggled to fill a field all season.  Where is the consistency?

“If we can get some help to cover some of these logistical costs it would make it far more appealing for racers to bring their cars to the track,” Pinazza said.
“It comes down to the fundamentals of funding.”

If you choose to run top fuel, it isn’t spur of the moment, you looked at the classes and that is the way you wanted to go racing, you bought the car, the engines, parts, tools and inventory required to run it, you got a transporter, crew chief & crew knowing full well that every time you wanted to travel there would be transport, accommodation & meals plus the downtime from your own business or work.  You also realise that every time you wind the starter over and turn the pump on it’s about to cost between $6-10,000 if you have a clean pass and if you have a major failure a bucket load more. 
Really, is it that far fetched that this kind of thinking might actually be called irresponsible or unreasonable?  On one hand you were smart enough to get yourself into a position to get all of the items & people required and then on the other hand you want to be assisted with running costs when no such system is in place.
This is like buying a Bugatti Veyron and asking people for petrol money.
Yet you think people’s attitude to Top Fuel is laughable.
Every team that is out there deserves credit for doing it and yes they run at there discretion due to time and budgets, but why can’t the group as a whole, under the banner of Top Fuel Australia be questioned as to why there is a shortage of cars at certain events and why others should be held accountable for their costs.  Why can’t they contact the Funny Car group, speak with Andra regarding the timing and number of events and then talk with there members about trying to get as many cars as possible to each event instead of expecting everyone to contact them. 
There must be a workable solution, there has to be because another season with 4 car fields here and there will not help.  Adding the Funny Cars was not a long term solution, but in the short term it may have helped bolster field sizes and give the funny cars a place to race without having tracks come up with another lot of prize money.  The return is that they get a solid calendar to run and then the tracks & spectator get a bigger show but there are various options that could have been used.
There is a myriad of issues with Australian Drag Racing and there are many areas that need attention.  This was one idea where there was more positive than negative.

Very well said

Well knock my socks off Police and Shepparton Council have given the green light for Darren Di Filippo's of Di Filippo's Exhaust fame in his 6000hp Nitro Funny Car to lead the "Cruise De Fryers" event that happening between 5pm and 6pm on the Saturday night that's just another part of the 21st Celebrations of this years Springnats.
Where else have you ever had a chance to see this kind of Action on the STREETS anywhere in OZ, our guess is NOWHERE so get yourself organised and come and be part of history making stuff at Shepparton on November 22nd to 24th and don't tell us that you were not TOLD.............

More news and you can still enter online at www.autofest.com.au

Edited by: ZAMO - 02-11-13 15:37:36

jclay wrote:

So you were right Zamo, nice for you. Do you really think that the show at Calder was good. Imagine if a few Nitro FC were mixed in. Would have helped improve the show. You enjoy your journey to the bank while I will enjoy my trip to the Nationals.

I will!!good on ya!

Edited by: ZAMO - 02-11-13 15:39:53

There is 1 guest and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
Shepherd Mark
Members Online: