Jason Grima Motorsports ready for Nitro Champs

This article brought to you by:

AE3R8248

Jason Grima expanded to a two car assault team at the Westernationals with Grima driving the PC Group Ford Mustang while NHRA racer and team adviser Brandon Huhtala was steering the ‘Blue’ Mustang, the partnership will reignite at the Nitro Champs.

Coming into Perth, Grima was on top of the championship with a 35-point lead over Wayne Daley and the Sydney-based driver was looking to extend it further in his first WA race. However Huhtala went out in the first round of eliminations and Grima was defeated in the semi finals and Wayne Daley went on to win and took the lead by just 11 points.

The Nitro Champs this weekend at Sydney Dragway will feature round four of the championship and again Grima will field two cars and see the return of Huhtala behind the wheel.

“I am pretty pumped for this weekend,” said Grima. “It’s my home track and at the Australian Nationals late last year the PC Group Ford Mustang had a very strong outing, recording my first six-second pass (6.982), resetting both ends of the ANDRA Pro Stock national records and also the track records. We certainly had the numbers and the performance but a red light in the final handed the win over to Wayne (Daley).”

“It’s going to be an exciting race for the fans especially with 25 drivers all looking to run their best numbers just so they can make the 16 car field. That’s going to be tough, and with the Nitro Champs known for it’s great conditions it’s going to be game on. These cars do not perform well in the heat of summer, but this weekend should see the conditions a lot cooler and provide the atmospheric air that these cars crave on.

“At the test and tune on the weekend I was able to put in a few good runs in the “Blue” Mustang. We tried out a new clutch but that didn’t work so we went back to a previous one, which resulted in a pair of 7.07 elapsed times. That should be good to put Brandon into the field,” concluded Grima.

Nitro Champs Facebook Competition

Jason Grima Motorsports invites fans to keep up to date with all the results via his social media (Facebook and Twitter) as well as his website.

And just to make it interesting JGM will also be running a Facebook competition to see who can guess Grima’s best; Reaction Time, ET and Speed of the weekend.

Entries must be posted prior to the first round of qualifying which is scheduled to start at 11.40am on Saturday May 4.

So just go to the Jason Grima Motorsports Facebook page, like it and start posting.

Note only one post will be accepted from each Facebook user and entries posted on either Twitter or the JGM website will not be accepted.

Winners will be notified following the Nitro Champs.

Facebook: Jason Grima Motorsports

Twitter: @JGM_News

Web: www.jasongrimamotorsports.com

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine