Bettes to take on Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Car management role

This article brought to you by:

SteveBettes300913

The Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Car Series continues to gain momentum with the news that the series has secured the rights of one of Australia’s most experienced drag racing managers, Steve Bettes.

Bettes has served terms as the senior manager at some of Australia’s biggest motorsport venues including Willowbank Raceway, Calder Park Raceway and Raceway Park, as well as working in some of Australia’s premier circuit racing management organisations.

However, it’s the lure of drag racing that has seen Bettes take up the role in the Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Car Series.

“When I was running Calder Park, nitro funny car was one of the cornerstones of the track’s success. We managed to build up a huge following and I feel that this series and this organisation can do an even better job.

“One of the keys to the success in those days, was wild cars that put on a show for the fans and that is exactly what we plan to do when you come and see the Aeroflow Show.”

Bettes was delighted to be working with long time friend and drag racing colleague, Graeme Cowin as well as marketing group, YBI Creative.

“To do this with Graeme is great. Anyone who knows Graeme, knows he likes to do things right. This is a ‘green field’ exercise and we know that with the team we are putting together, we can really kick some goals. Together with Drew Jongebloed and Rob Sharp (YBI’s business principals), the sky really is the limit.”

Bettes concluded, “We have a minimum of 13 cars ready to rumble at Sydney, we have some great backing and enthusiastic competitor group and the resources to deliver the best show drag racing has seen – I can’t wait for the first event – it’s going to be something special!”

The inaugural Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Car event will be held at Sydney Dragway November 23, 2013.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine