‘The Russler’ nearly ready for nitro rumble

This article brought to you by:

russellonfcThe Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Car category continues to gain momentum with Victorian father and son combination, Stephen and Aaron Russell, taking delivery of their Mustang, imported from the USA.

The new car has features some high-tech equipment and will provide plenty of competition for the heavy-hitters in Australia’s newest nitro class.

Currently named ‘Scared Straight’, the Mustang has already begun its transformation to ‘The Russler’.

Whilst father Stephen has years of drag racing experience, Aaron is a former Junior Dragster and Modified racer and will be the taking the wheel of the Mustang.

“I just can’t wait,” beamed 30-year-old Aaron.

“The car looks fantastic and even better, I’ll be driving it with help and guidance from the ‘old man’.

“Having said that, he has bought himself a suit and is hoping to eventually get a steer later — but — he will have to wrestle me out of the seat first,” exclaimed Aaron before both father and son erupted in laughter.

The team plans on testing the car at Sydney Dragway before its debut meeting at Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Car Extravaganza.

With both Russells having successfully campaigned in the Sportsman ranks and winning a number of ANDRA Gold Christmas Trees, the transition to nitro has been some time coming.

Stephen believes that he has a strong group of people to help develop ‘The Russler’ into a competitive capable of taking on the very best.

“We think we have a great and dedicated crew that boasts some serious experience in the sport. Our crew includes Rod Rainford and Doug Anderson, it’s a challenge for all of us and one that we are excited to be taking on together – bring on November 23!

“I read in one of Graeme Cowin’s quotes that this category is about fun, family and friends. I’m racing with some great mates, my son and I know it’s going to be fun. We’re ticking the boxes!” laughed the 54-year-old.

The inaugural Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Car event will be held at Sydney Dragway November 23, 2013.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine