Time Traveller takes Peirano to podium

This article brought to you by:

The Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Extravaganza at Sydney Dragway was an event that had everything, and at the end of the day, two of the finalists were at completely different ends of the experience spectrum. The Peirano-powered ‘Time Traveller’ had only a few full quarter-mile passes when they had to take on US superstar Ron Capps for bragging rights – and they won!

With a clever crew and driver combination, built around the experience of Supercharged Outlaws competition, Saturday saw the team’s first full pull over the quarter mile in the nitro class, having completed eighth-mile runs to help get the car and driver tuned.

However, driver Nathan Peirano was confident that the team would be able to get the job done and was able to win three out of three races and defeat Capps in their final round to secure the podium result.

Team owner and pitlane celebrity Peter Peirano couldn’t contain his excitement.

“To all our team at Piranha Racing and especially my darling wife Heather, a huge thanks.

“They have given me the chance for my dream to come true.

“With the weather delay, we had to change multiple flights as well as secure extra accommodation for everyone but it was all worth it with a result like this.

“We just can’t wait for another chance to put on another fantastic show.

Peirano senior concluded “Congratulations must go to Ron Capps for the fantastic way he treated us all by giving his time and knowledge unconditionally – he had photos with all our crew as well as the kids and families that travelled with us – I cannot thank Ron enough.”

The Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Car show is heading around Australia, check the category website for dates and details.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine