Phil Read back in competition from April

This article brought to you by:

philread

Phil Read will return to the seat of the Jim Read Racing Top Fuel dragster as numbers continue to grow for the fastest motorsport category in Australia.

The team plans to be back on April 18 and 19 at the Santo’s Cranes Super 3 event at Willowbank Raceway, which last year produced a highly commended and spectacular show.

“Our last race was the Winternationals in June 2013 and I cannot wait to get back behind the wheel of our three time championship winning dragster,” said Read.

“I would like to say a big thank you to our sponsors and our fans that have stood by our team and I would also like to thank Top Fuel Australia whose initiatives have also contributed to us being able to resume racing again.”

Crew chief Bruce Read said the family’s nitro fuelled dragster is ready to fire down the quarter mile.

“Our race car has been ready since last year but due to the lack of corporate support we have had to scale back our racing program,” he said. “It will be great to get back out there and mix with the other Top Fuel teams.”

Meanwhile team patriarch Jim Read wants to ensure that the memory of Louie Rapisarda is held in high regard.

“I’m excited and pleased for my sons and my team to be able to compete at an event held in the memory of Louie Rapisarda,” he said.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine