Hedges fights friends turned foes

This article brought to you by:

Jason Hedges’ return to Pro Stock competition in the JHR/Mr Taxman Pontiac GXP saw him qualify sixth in the eight car field at Calder Park.

With just two qualifying sessions to make the most of the Melbourne venue, Hedges bested with a 7.22 at 192mph and that would earn him a first round contest against four time champ Aaron Tremayne.

“With the tricky track conditions, JHR were a little off the pace, based on the previous JT Classic meeting at Calder Park,” Hedges said, expecting more from his race car.

Sponsor Mr Taxman was in attendance for the first time to see the ANDRA Drag Racing Series and saw Hedges leave first with a .058 reaction time against Aaron’s .085 and take the early lead, but the car was very loose and got out of the groove with Hedges having to abort the pass by half track.

“I backed off full throttle and re-punched the accelerator in fourth gear (risky in a Pro Stocker ) then my experience told me that enough is enough,” he said.

“Watching Aaron drive past me after being in front was crushing to myself and the team.

“When we got out of our cars in the deep end Aaron said ‘You had me mate, and that was one scary ride.’”

It was a little odd for Hedges to be feeling competitive against his former allies.

“We still are great mates and this season racing against the Tremayne team, not with them, is going to be a huge challenge for our new team,” he said.

JHR’s next race will be at the X Champs in May at Sydney Dragway. The team wants fans to make sure they come and see the team to get some free posters, stickers and driver cards.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine