Donnelly to lead eighth mile charge at Willowbank

This article brought to you by:

Thirty-nine year old Classic racer Jason Donnelly will be just one of an estimated 160 plus sportsman racers set to hit Willowbank Raceway this Saturday for round three of the Nitro Magazine South Queensland Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series.

The event – the first complete eighth mile race event for the Ipswich facility – will host six brackets of racing, including Andrews Affordable Mowing Classic, which Donnelly is co-leading heading into the penultimate round for the series.

“I have been racing for years and my kids are involved from a junior dragster perspective as well with the whole team supported by the Autofocus Superstore – in fact my son just won the Willowbank Raceway track championship,” said Donnelly.

“With the kids racing we travel all over the country but I tend to just race in Queensland, and the eighth mile series has been great in giving me something else to be involved in that is just a lot of fun.

“In round one I just missed out on the finals and in round two everything went to plan and we had a absolute ball – taking the win, and at the same time beating a good mate that we travelled to the event with!

“It was a great lot of fun – that is what is so great about this series, we get to race with some great people, we travel to the regional tracks which are just full of lovely people who will do anything for you and they really need this kind of support, so it is great to be a part of it.

“It is all about the camaraderie, which is what racing is about for me – having a great time with your fellow racers and my crew and family – Toby Rice and ‘the Stof’ in particular– who I wouldn’t be able to race without.

“Yes I like to be competitive but I want to have a good time and that is what we are doing racing this Eighth mile series, and I can’t wait to get to round three at my home track!”

This weekend’s event – the third round of the Nitro Magazine South Queensland Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series – will be the first complete eighth mile race event for Willowbank Raceway.

Following the successful running of rounds one and two in March and May with in excess of 250 competitors between them, organisers are expecting around 160 sportsman racers to sign up for the penultimate event of the inaugural series.

Racing will be held across six categories – Cosmic Enterprises Junior Dragster, H D Bitz Modified Bike, John William Auto Sales Super Street, Allstar Batteries Super Sedan, R D Williams Excavator Parts Modified and Andrews Affordable Mowing Classic.

Time trials for the event will begin from 9.00am on Saturday July 3rd, before racing kicks off at 3.00pm. Admission is only $20.00. For more information, please visit www.willowbankraceway.com.au

Following July’s racing at Willowbank Raceway, the Grand Final round will be run at Benaraby Dragway on the 25th of September 2010. The Grand Final will be hosted by each track on a rotational basis year by year.

Special Winner and Runner-Up trophies will be available for each bracket at each round, with the Grand Finals to see a special Winner trophy plus $750 prize money awarded to the highest point scorer of each bracket, and a special Runner-Up trophy and $250 go to the second highest point scorer of each bracket.

Series leader Jason Donnelly
Currently leading the series title points are Jason Donnelly (Andrews Affordable Mowing Classic), Loughlin Boyde (R D Williams Excavator Parts Modified), Jakim Wong (Cosmic Enterprises Junior Dragster), Mick Mundey (H D Bitz Modified Bike), Scott Sorrenson (Allstar Batteries Super Sedan) and Tony Wallace (John William Auto Sales Super Street).

For more information on the Nitro Street and Strip Magazine South Queensland Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series, including details on how to enter and race rules, please visit www.willowbankraceway.com.au

NITRO STREET AND STRIP SOUTH QUEENSLAND EIGHTH MILE DRAG RACING SERIES DATES:

ROUND 1. WARWICK DRAGWAY 13th MARCH 2010
ROUND 2. IRONBARK RACEWAY 15th MAY 2010
ROUND 3. WILLOWBANK RACEWAY 3rd JULY 2010
GRAND FINAL. BENARABY DRAGWAY 25th SEPTEMBER 2010

image| blacktrack.com.au

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine