Not all about power for Powerhouse rider Pennington

This article brought to you by:

summit148

When it comes to Competition Bike in ANDRA Championship Drag Racing, Blair Pennington and the Powerhouse Dynotuning race team dedicate a significant amount of time to tuning.

It is what has made Powerhouse Dynotuning, based in Nerang Queensland, a successful business and it continues to give the race team an edge in the face of stiff competition particularly from defending Comp Bike champion Ross Smith.

At the previous Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series event at Willowbank Raceway in April, Pennington faced off against teammate Daryn Schuster in the final, and not for the first time.

Their astounding consistency has seen the team represented in the finals or semi finals regularly during national championship events at Sydney Dragway and Willowbank dating back to November 2013.

“Basically it has taken a fair bit of time and effort to get where we are at the moment as we all are running different bike combinations,” says Pennington.

“It’s not just getting the most power out of the bikes, but setting them up to suit each rider, which can be a little tricky at times, but data doesn’t lie. You never run a perfect pass, there’s always something small that you can change to get closer to it though.

“It’s just a matter of removing small mistakes and learning from them, adjusting setups along the way.”

Pennington says the backbone of the team came from Powerhouse Dynotuning customers that have blossomed into great friendships.

The goal is always to have fun and hopefully set some records along the way.

“I would just like to thank Steve (Grose), owner of Powerhouse Dynotuning and Allan and Aura Marks and Allan Marks Building Services for their huge support. I couldn’t do it without them.

“I’ve never really been one to chase the championship, but I get great satisfaction from chasing records, which has pretty much been my goal since I started racing,

“Daryn (Schuster) will be just one of the tough racers at the Winters, with an over subscribed field, we will be doing our best to make it an all Powerhouse Dynotuning final, hopefully setting a few records along the way.

“But yeah I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to take a gold winters tree home!”

The Fuchs Winternationals featuring 500 racers across the six ANDRA Drag Racing Series Group One categories and 12 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series brackets from all over the country take over Willowbank Raceway June 4-7.

Tickets are on sale online now – including discounted pre-purchase only tickets. Looking to bring the family? Don’t forget that children aged 13 and under gain free admission, while students with ID and Concession Card Holders can access discounted entry (terms and conditions apply).

For more information including race scheduling please visit www.willowbankraceway.com.au

Image courtesy: blacktrack.com.au

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine