Queensland’s Crowley lands safe in USA ahead of NHRA debut

This article brought to you by:

12191694 10153281328366733 7955227004009715279 n

Luke Crowley’s Pro Stock Motorcycle has arrived safe and sound in the USA, ready to compete at this weekend’s Las Vegas NHRA event and then the World Finals at Pomona.

Crowley told the Queensland Times recently that he was remaining modest.

“We know we have a good bike but these guys race 20-24 times a year. They are very experienced racers,” he said.

“When we tested our American engine after the Winternationals, we went 7.96 at 189mph and we had a lot of issues. We need to be in the low 6.9 region and about 194mph to be competitive.

“All things aside, it’s showing that it will do that fairly easy once we’re all on a level playing field.”

Crowley has unpacked his Suzuki at fellow Aussie racer Rhett Lougheed’s workshop in preparation for the two events.

“Once we get it there and get it out of the box, there’s really only a few things that we need to redo,” he told the Queensland Times.

“It’s probably about a day and a half work resetting it and going through everything. I’m very methodical in the way I go about my preparation.”

Original article – http://www.qt.com.au/news/ipswich-racer-on-epic-journey/2795531/

Follow Luke’s racing here.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine