Hazzard warning: Junior Dragster triple threat in Sydney

This article brought to you by:

JamesHazzard JD 4823 151213 07

The Hazzard family will lead a three-pronged attack for one ANDRA Gold Christmas Tree at the East Coast Nationals this weekend.

Emma (16), James (13) and Jack (11) will all be racing in the Summit Racing Equipment Junior Dragster class when Round 2 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series at Sydney Dragway.

Their mother Kim says none of her children showed a strong desire to compete in other sports however Emma and James had shown promise as swimmers and Jack began playing soccer this year around his drag racing commitments.

“When Emma first started racing her teacher couldn’t believe that her quiet, sweet student was a ‘rev head’ on the weekends,” says Mum.

“Most of their friends think it’s pretty cool that they race and a lot have attended a race or two. My friends think that it is pretty awesome having three drag racers.

“One of the first questions they asked when they found out they raced was; ‘Aren’t you scared?’ Only once have I been scared, that was when James’ throttle got stuck when he was licensing. I probably am more nervous/excited for them because I know they want to do well.”

EmmaHazzard JD 1210 220613 15

All three kids have enjoyed racing and Kim is quick to point out the good lessons to be learned from participating in the high-speed sport while also spending time as a family.

“My parents and brother help on race days. This gives us the opportunity to spend the day or weekend as a family doing something we all enjoy.

“Nick (father) does all the maintenance on the three cars, so at times it can be a bit hectic. I attend to all the entries, paperwork, licences and race suits.

“The kids get to meet and spend time with other kids who share their passion and drag racing has taught them valuable lessons about good sportsmanship.”

The East Coast Nationals begin on Saturday November 7 and continue through Sunday November 8 featuring Top Fuel, Top Alcohol, Top Doorslammer, Top Fuel Motorcycle, Pro Stock, Pro Stock Motorcycle and the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series.

For more information please visit www.sydneydragway.com.au

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine