Jess Turner steps up to Competition Eliminator

This article brought to you by:

JessTurner AMD 481 081015 04 copy

Jess Turner Motorsport (Epping, Victoria) will make the jump from Group Three Modified racing to Group Two Competition Eliminator at Round 5 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series in Mildura next week (Decemeber 4-5). 

The team have partnered with Geddes Racing to run an engine combination supplied by Rob Martin, a long time supporter of Craig Geddes and his outift.

“Our new partnership with Geddes Racing will see us fit into B/DA in Competition Eliminator,” said Turner.

“We are excited to make our debut in Competition Eliminator and hope to be strong contenders right from the start.

“We can’t thank Craig and Rob enough for the support and opportunity to race at a Group Two level and we are looking forward to our first ANDRA meeting in Competition on the December 4-5 at Mildura Sunset Strip.”

The engine combination is a 352-splayed valve SBC developed by Geddes and Ridgeway Motorsport – the same engine Ceddes set the B/DA elapsed time record – and running a Paul Rogers Performance Transmission Powerglide.

“We are pretty excited to be given this opportunity and hoping to have similar success with the engine,” added Turner.

“We were really surprised when Geddes Racing offered us one of their spare engines to use for a couple of meetings and have some fun.

“Running Competition is something both my parents raced for many years and were pretty successful so I’m pretty excited to give it a shot.

“We’ve always wanted to run it and we planned one day to step up but this opportunity from Geddes Racing and Rob Martin means we get to experience it a lot sooner than expected so we are grateful for the offer.

“I’m not sure what to expect but I know I’m going to have to get used to leaving on the bottom light which is something I haven’t done since I ran Junior Dragster years ago so that might take some getting used to.

“But I like the theory that if I cross the finish line first without red lighting I’ve won the race and I haven’t broken out like I have done so many times in Modified.”

Turner will make her Group Two debut in Round 5 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series at Mildura Sunset Strip December 4-5.

Qualifying begins from 5:30pm on Friday December 4 and continues through Saturday December 5 from 11am. Eliminations commence from 5pm Saturday.

For more information please visit www.sunsetstrip.org.au

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine