Taste of victory spurs Jason Keily for Series tilt

This article brought to you by:

jasonkeily-portland2015

Fresh from winning his first ever ANDRA Christmas Tree in Portland, Jason Keily (West Melbourne, Victoria) will try for two Supercharged Outlaws wins in a row at Round 5 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series presented by Mildura Rural City Council this weekend (December 4-5).

Driving his immaculate 1934 Ford Coupe, Keily turned on the win light three weeks ago at Fuchs South Coast Raceway in the final against David Thornton who recorded a personal best time.

Personal best ET’s are usually Keily’s thing but after winning the Silver Tree, he’s rethinking that strategy.

“It was fantastic to come away with a win,” he said. “We were very lucky considering Dave Thornton ran a PB in the final.

“I’ve always chased ET and never really imagined winning an ANDRA Summit Round. But seeing how excited the crew got after the win it made me realise that I should be focusing more on winning rounds than chasing PB’s. Who doesn’t love a win?

“I want to try and compete in as many rounds as possible, as long as my budget, volunteer crew and friends allow.”

Regular appearances on the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series tour will please racegoers as Keily’s hot rod is proving popular with Chevy/Holden fans as much as card carrying members of the blue oval.

“For me it started with hot rods. So making the decision to go into drag racing I knew I had go for the nostalgic look.

“Three years ago I brought the car in from America. It’s a 1934 Ford Coupe and after tapping the wall at Calder it went through a total rebuild.

“Apart from the main roll bar hoop, I started from scratch with the chassis with a lot of valuable advice from John Lang from Pro 9, purchasing a lot of his products during the build.

“After the crash I decided I wanted to run blown alcohol which meant building a new engine transmission and diff, also going to a one piece front, and I painted it jet black.

“Still to this day I don’t know what made the car turn hard left at the top end.

We went over the car and could not find a reason for it.”

Keily is hunting his second Supercharged Outlaws win on the trot when the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series presented by Mildura Rural City Council visits Mildura Sunset Strip December 4-5.

Qualifying begins from 5:30pm on Friday December 4 and continues through Saturday December 5 from 11am. Eliminations commence from 5pm Saturday.

For more information please visit www.sunsetstrip.org.au

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine