Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Easter round whats going on?

Easter round whats going on?

Easter round whats going on?.Is this event going to happen?Theirs been talk that majority of racers don't want to race,why?Racer always asking for more rounds and now they want to cane a round(doesn't work both ways).Willowank said  they struggling making profit outside winters and they are trying to see if they can make another event to work,so why the racers not supporting the track.(no track if bankruptcy where are you going to race lol).Just curious what spectators.racer,Willowbank and Andra think about this event?I personally don't understand why theirs so much undo about Easter meet.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Easter round whats going on?

Wow no comments?must be secret men business,surely someone knows somethink and can talk about Easter round?Why is it so secret and no one talking about it?mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

My opinion is to run Easter meet.Now willowbank is trying very hard to earn extra income outside winters,so racers should a least try to support them.Its rumor a least half of group one teams indicant they wont be attending the meet(mostly doorslammers and prostock).If their only excuses not to run is because the meet is on Easter,thats a pretty lame excuses.Nearly every major sport in Australia have a event around Easter weekend.Why because its the best time to attract crowds look at AFL they play during that weekend.Group one teams should expect to run on these dates just like every other sportsman and teams do around Australia.Willowbank should go ahead with meet because those who said they will not be coming,almost half of them will come to race because they wouldn't want to miss out getting championship points lol.

Also if not run it takes away 2 championships meets away from calendar and that's not good to public,sponsor and Andra.Tell a major sponsor that's sponsor the series or looking too sponsor drag racing,sorry you know that easter round its not going ahead because racers don't want to race on Easter,by the way we still want you money lol.The meet meant to be only for group one only maybe they need to add  some other classes so theirs no down time or have some think else?Any ways just my thoughts on Easter round.

Looks like no one really cares if Easter round go ahead which is a shame to the sport.The response off dropping 2 championship rounds which only gets this very quite reaction. we may also drop the march 24-25 pro round at Sydney(doorslammers pro stock and bikes)because history says they nether pull a decent crowd.While we at it because no one cares if dropping rounds(Easter),may as well drop Westernationals because that's on a long weekend  and the  racers need to spend some quality time with family and friends and surely cant race during a holiday period like the Easter round.Come on the only excuses racers have not running Easter meet because its on Easter,that's pretty lame I say.This sport looks very much amateurs dropping rounds because racers don't want to run on a holiday ,come on and show Australia we not amateurs (run the Easter meet)and become a least semi professional.

Its got nothing to do with it being on the Easter weekend!!

michael veskovich wrote:

Its got nothing to do with it being on the Easter weekend!!

Exactly

Follow my Australian Drag Racing History pages:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AustralianDragRacingHistory
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/ausdraghistory
https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-19/s150x150/10932104_661024330700510_1831877871_a.jpg

Then tell  us why the racers dont want to run it.because of format, I think its more about its on easter

The reasons are what I said in the other thread, its not the format but the principle of the event and how it could come about.

My mail is its been canned now anyway.

National Drag Racing Photographer
Drag News Magazine Photojournalist
www.cacklingpipes.com
www.dragnews.com.au

ian smith wrote:

Then tell  us why the racers dont want to run it.because of format, I think its more about its on easter

Well then why do racers race on other long weekends and boxing day? What is the big deal racing on Easter weekend anyway? Many people don't have much to do and would love to go to the drags, I would if I lived in Queensland. Also you have to remember that not everyone celebrates Easter and that some cultures celebrate it different times in the year. Greeks celebrate Easter on a different time to everyone else and there are many drag racers with a Greek background, so it wouldn't effect them, and if you don't celebrate it then it is no big deal. I said I would still go and I celebrate Easter every year, and what a perfect way to celebrate by going to the drags!!!!

The Easter thing has nothing to do with it and we already came to that conclusion in your other post anyway.

https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-19/s150x150/10932104_661024330700510_1831877871_a.jpg

Disagreed some dont like format but it mostly about running on easter,ask some group one racers(I bet if run on different weekend the racers will race with that format)

Ian,  just stop!! It has nothing to do with it being on Easter!!! Get over this fixation you have with 'Easter' What is your address? Ill send you a box of Cadbury Creme Eggs.

michael veskovich wrote:

Get over this fixation you have with 'Easter' What is your address? Ill send to a box of Cadbury Creme Eggs.

default/big_smile haha

You are flogging a dead horse,just leave it and let it RIP.

Regards Tony.

What goes around comes around

I herd today that willowbank cancelled Easter rd because their wasn't enough group one support(particularly doorslamers and pro stock),what a missed opportune for racers and track.The main reason was Easter date and format but I believe more so date if it was on different date you will see majority of racers supporting it.This time it wasn't Andra or Track that let down the sport,it was the 70% of group one racers that did.Racers should be a shame of this it hurts major sponsors(one less event lol),sponsors looking to sponsor drag racing,racers,track,spectators and image of drag racing.Their is still a big bridge between racers,Andra and tracks which is hurting the sport.These three groups need to be on the same page which they clearly not.Hopefully summit will address this problem.

Its Canned.

If all the rumors were true then i am not surprised, the raceway would have been better of selecting 8 racers for the 2 classes, pay some tow money to put on a show for the easter crowd.

I am sorry Ian but the racers got what they wanted and isnt this what we have all be screaming for, the racer to be listened too?

Paul
ANDRA Media G24

Plucka
Crew guy on the Mopar Car
useravatar
85 Posts
Forum crewman
Male  Birthday  Website 
There is 1 guest and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
Shepherd Mark
Members Online: