USA’s Jeff Lutz to race at Willowbank, Sydney Motorsport Park

This article brought to you by:

12508877_982991001740239_7950019992571653707_n.jpg

US street car superstar Jeff Lutz will be bringing out his famous 57 Chev to compete in Australia as part of events on the east coast.

Lutz will be racing at Lights Out at Willowbank Raceway on February 12 and then at Powerplay at Queensland Raceway on February 14 before heading to Sydney Motorsport Park for Powercruise Sydney on February 25-28.

The trip has been organised by Michael ‘Gup’ Gilbert of Powercruise Promotions fame. Lutz will be taking part in grudge-style races with those who think they have a chance against the quick 57 invited to nominate and put their money on the line.

Lutz, the winner of the 2014 Hot Rod Drag Week, said he is looking forward to meeting Australian fans.

“I have no idea about Australian grudge racing except that they tell me my car is not legal on the streets there,” he said.

It sounds like Lutz is looking forward to a holiday just as much as some runs on the track and the car is up for sale in its time here.

“If I don’t sell it in Australia it will be coming back to the States,” he said. “I’m not really coming to race, but from all the PMs (private messages) you have a lot of fast cars. I want to check out Australian drag racing and do some sight seeing.”

{fcomment}

DNM13slider

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine