Learmonth has home track advantage

This article brought to you by:

RyanLearmonth PSM 3930 230116 02 copy

Western Australian Pro Bike rider Ryan Learmonth comes into the second round of the 400 Thunder championship at this weekend’s Coates Hire West Coast Nitro event with maximum confidence.

The Wiseguy Racing Suzuki has its Star Racing USA-built motor back in the frame rails and Learmonth said the team has set their own bar high.

“We are hoping to run 7-teens this weekend and win,” he said. “Our best at the Motorplex so far is a 7.34 at 181mph in 36 degree heat.

“I feel we have a home track advantage as the weather over here is a lot different to where the other guys have been racing lately. The motor is fresh and ready to run some numbers.

“This is our backyard and we want to keep it that way.”

The data the team has on the Perth Motorplex surface will prove a handy resource, as will the brains trust behind the scenes.

“Data from previous runs will help but as we have learned, every day is different,” Learmonth said. “We will have a few people helping us this weekend which I believe will make a big difference. One is a local and the other resides in the States. The weather is looking great for this time of year for some fast runs.”

As well as the tune up side of the operation, Learmonth believes his own riding is in the zone right now and that will work in his favour.

“I’m feeling very confident in my riding at the moment with my last three lights in competition being .002 , .044 and .010,” he said. “We have had some gremlins in the gearbox but thanks to Gavin Forbes at FME they are all fixed.

“It’s not the biggest field as it’s the first time here in five years for Pro Bike but you will see high horsepower, naturally aspirated screaming bikes running low sevens at over 180mph with great reactions and very close racing.”

Learmonth will be taking on Victorians Maurice Allen and Glenn Wooster, the Northern Territory’s Scott White and fellow Western Australian Tony Hinkley.

Qualifying begins on Friday with eliminations on Saturday.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine