Scott White ups the power for Perth

This article brought to you by:

ScottWhitePSM868 071115 05-grantstephens-web

Scott White is looking to make an impression in his first appearance at Perth Motorplex. Having won the opening Pro Stock Motorcycle round in Sydney last year, White is hoping to continue his good fortunes of late and make it two in a row.

“I’ve raced at Ravenswood but never at the Motorplex”, said an excited White. I arrived early so I could get familiar with the track and its layout and be fresh for race day.

“I don’t know what to expect, but everyone has been talking it up big. It sounds good and looks great and I’m looking forward to what should be a great Coates Hire West Coast Nitro weekend.

“I have decided to run the big motor and I’m feeling confident with that decision. Have put a bit of weight in so I don’t need to starve myself, and I can wear my good leathers,” said White.

So far this season White has found the form it takes to be a winner. His Darwin Bolt Supplies Suzuki certainly has the performance, the numbers and reliability to be a championship contender.

“Should be interesting to see how she goes as this motor has about 20 more HP than what we have been running this season. If all goes well, we are hopeful of getting into the teens. If not we’ll swap back to the smaller motor, which has run 7.20s,” said the current points leader.

Pro Stock Motorcycle has not been a regular feature at Perth Motorplex, however the 400 Thunder event has still attracted a quality field of runners including two locals.

“Corey (Buttigieg), who sits second in the points on his potent Buell, couldn’t make it this weekend because of the damage caused from his tyre blowout at Calder Park Raceway last month,” said White.

“However we do have Ryan Learmonth and Glenn Wooster who are both running very well. Glenn and Trevor (Birrell) are moving forward while local boy Ryan certainly knows the track better than all of us. Maurice (Allen) is on his 2-valve Suzuki and then we see the return of Tony Hinkley on his Muzzy Kawasaki. This bike has gone very quickly in the past, it’s his first outing so who knows what he can run.

“For Scott White Racing, we are getting on top of the clutch,having recently gone as quick as 1.085 to the 60-foot. Everything is coming together nicely so hopefully we will have another strong outing,” grinned White.

Scott White Racing wishes to thanks the following sponsors and supporters for helping him make the long haul to Perth – Darwin Bolt Supplies, Superbike Performance, Heavy Works, JSR (John Scorpos Racing), JA Constructions Darwin, Dave Brokenshire, and NT Vehicle Solutions.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine