Russo title challenge comes first for Bob Sherry

This article brought to you by:

DSC 7216

Fresh off a father-daughter double header win in Portland at the South Coast Raceway 10 year Anniversary, South Australia’s Bob Sherry is aiming to translate that success into more glory at Steel City Raceway in Whyalla March 12-13.

Sherry is the chief tinker man for Top Sportsman Championship hopeful Paul Russo – winner of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series Round 7 – also in Portland. 

If Russo is ready to go prior to the event, Sherry will get behind the wheel of his own Lil Gangster Super Sedan. However the title chasing Russo team will take precedence over his own racing, it’s just the type of guy he is.

“It’s a great feeling to win a bracket at the same meeting as your daughter (Lisa Sherry), especially it being their 10th Anniversary and there’s nothing more satisfying than racing as a family,” said Sherry.

“Racing at Whyalla will depend on getting Paul Russo’s car ready as he is chasing the points in Top Sportsman – if not I will race myself and Lisa I am not sure of yet.

“It’s a great thing to run a Series at Whyalla, as it will attract racers from all over and having the final at AIR will cap it off nicely.

“Whyalla is very important to be part of the Series, you have a lot of good racers up there, our side of the country needs all the tracks to work together and keep ANDRA strong.”

In his role as Crew Chief for Russo, Sherry has helped catapult the 57 Chev Bel Air to fifth in the standings in just three events this season.

A good showing at Steel City Raceway March 12-13 will push Russo toward the 300 points cap and a shout at the title.

“Paul is looking good and the team work great together, another family deal with the three brothers.

“We are hoping to do well at Whyalla so he has a chance at the Grand Final. Paul takes priority over me at the moment as he is chasing the points.”

Top Sportsman will be one of the premier classes as Round 9 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series presented by Whyalla City Council visits Steel City Raceway March 12-13.

For more information please visit: www.steelcitydrags.com

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine