Voodoo grabs gold at Nitro Max

This article brought to you by:

westernationals-11
After a successful weekend of racing at Perth Motorplex, multiple Australian Top Fuel Motorcycle Champion Chris Matheson will return to his home track of Willowbank Raceway to compete in the BlackAdda Top Fuel Motorcycle sponsored Santos Super 3 Extreme event on March 25-26.

Matheson won the the B Final on night one of the Nitro Max double header, clocking a 6.33 at 217.48mph. Then stepped up on night two to claim the A final taking out local hard charger Mark Drew with a 6.35 versus Drew’s 7.20 at 173.98mph. Matheson not only top qualified, but also achieved Lowest ET of the round with his finals pass.

Looking ahead Matheson said, “The upcoming rounds five and six in the 400 Thunder Series (at Willowbank Raceway) is crucial in the points chase for this year’s championship. We are currently positioned second in the points chase and we need to get a good result.

“In the past, the Nitro Voodoo machine has recorded its quickest passes in its Australian history there – we have run as quick as 6.04 ET and as fast as 241.8mph or 389kph. We have reset our National Record at Willowbank and have held it since we debuted the bike back in 2009, and it is probably the wildest track for the fuel bikes in Australia, it’s like riding over a cliff, then you brake downhill into a black hole – I affectionately call it the mine shaft.”

Matheson would not have the thrill any other way though.

“241 miles per hour there in the dark at six seconds really gets your attention – the thrill is just awesome – it makes you want to tow the bike straight back to the start line, then rocket back down the strip again,” he said.

After treking back and forth across the width of Australia, Matheson is looking forward to the home track event.

“The track preparation at Willowbank, along with good air at that time of year is perfect for re-setting our National Record, we just have to get the set up on the money,” he said.

“All our team are really excited to compete at my home track – it’s always a great weekend. I expect the renewed interest in Top Fuel Motorcycle, along with a few new competitors will be great.”

“One of our sponsors BlackAdda, who has backed the Nitro Voodoo Team for its third year, stepped up to sponsor the Group One bracket and they will be a welcome supporter at the Easter weekend meeting – rest assured, we will be stepping it up to run a PB at the event.”
Matheson would like to thank his sponsor and supporters; GT Radiators & Machining, WebCam, Rocket Industries, CRC Industries, PDS Graphics, Kitten Car Care Products, Worldwide Bearings, BlackAdda, Hi-Side Leathers, Boninfante Friction Inc. Special thanks to Steve and Larry McBride.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine