Peter Xiberras looking for PremiAir nitro result in Sydney

This article brought to you by:

ecn071115 333 copy

Sydney’s Peter Xiberras is preparing to take the PremiAir Top Fuel dragster all the way at the Nitro Champs Nitro Champs at Sydney Dragway on the 7th and 8th May.

Xiberras and his PremiAir team know they have the package to take on the country’s best as nitro returns to what many fans call ‘Australia’s best racetrack’.

“The crowd are in for a real treat as we will be going full tilt to win the 400 Thunder in front of our home crowd here in Sydney!” explained the Top Fuel pilot.

“We have been told the track is in great condition, we cannot wait to give it a shot ourselves!” smiled the three-season veteran.

“It’s home for me but not home for the car but it’s definitely out home race I suppose.

“All we need is some good weather and good conditions for the event.

“We didn’t have a great meeting in Sydney last time we were there. That was disappointing as the two meetings before that we had some great results that included a finals appearance.

“So we have had a good hunting ground in Sydney for us a team,” Xiberras smiled.

One of the changes this weekend will be the one-day format.

Peter added, “It’s a different format and I think that from a racer’s perspective, I like to race as much as possible but the one day is a great idea from a fan’s perspective, it will mean they just need to come on the one day and enjoy the show!

“I hope that we have a bumper crowd with a good atmosphere and packed house – that’s what makes a great meeting!”

The 400 Thunder television program on Foxsports 5 will cover the Nitro Champs and live streaming will be available for fans outside of New South Wales.

Event details
Sydney Dragway
Nitro Champs, May 7th and 8th
Ferrers Road, Eastern Creek

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine