Zappia doubles the championship fun

This article brought to you by:

zappia

John Zappia secured his second national championship in as many months, adding the 400 Thunder Pro Slammer title to his ANDRA Top Doorslammer honours from April.

Zappia’s appearance in the final round of the Nitro Champs at Sydney Dragway was enough to claim the trophy with one event still remaining in the season.

The driver of the Fuchs Monaro said the final was a wild affair.

“For the final we waited for Paul Cannuli to fix his car and the Pro Alcohol final was moved before Pro Slammer to allow more time,” he said. “We were told to fire up for a solo but Paul towed in to the start up area and we both fired up.

“I left first but after 60 feet the tyre shake was like a jack hammer and I headed right with blurred vision, so (I) pedalled, steered and shifted gears but was all over track, nearly crossing the centre line whilst drifting, so I got off the throttle to straighten the car up and Paul snuck by for the win.”

It has been a strong season by anyone’s standards for the team.

“We have earned enough points to win the 400 Thunder IHRA Pro Slammer Championship with one event to go. This has been an awesome year after winning nine consecutive ANDRA championships in Top Doorslammer.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine