Team Mopar make history with Australian championship

This article brought to you by:

It has long been one of the most popular cars in the Pro Stock paddock, but Lee Bektash’s Team Mopar Australia machine is fast becoming one of the most successful too, with the Victorian driver securing the 2016 400 Thunder Championship at the Winternationals in Queensland.

“We didn’t have it all our own way, the Winternationals wasn’t the perfect event for us by any means but the result is certainly the one that we are after,” said Bektash.

“This year’s championship was not an easy one to win and I think I am even more proud that we did it with two local guys spearheading our operation with both engine and chassis tuning in Paul ’Plucka’ Drady and Tony Corosio. I can’t say enough about the entire Team Mopar Australia crew for putting absolutely everything into making sure we achieved the very best result possible – and we did it!

“This is not something you can do on your own, it’s about the team and the effort they have put in deserves this sort of result.

“I must also say well done Aaron Tremayne on the event win too, he did a great as usual and he added another trophy to the cabinet, it would have been nice to do both but I’ll take the championship for sure.”

Bektash acknowledges that it has taken some time to emulate his success in the Sportsman ranks in the Pro Stock category, which is widely regarded as the mostly tightly contested bracket in professional drag racing.

From the outset of his Pro Stock career, Bektash has been supported by Mopar Australia, a partner that has been a pillar of his team’s performance.

“This championship is for us but it’s also for the Team Mopar Australia crew, they have been a part of journey from the start and this is for them and all of our supporters.”

Proudly supported by – Fiat Chrysler/Mopar Australia, BRE, VED Visner Engine Development, Slawco, VPW, Rick Jones Racecars, Penske Shocks, VP Racing Fuels, Retreat Caravans, Global Traffic Management and Outlaw Images.

– Media Release

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine