Mouhayet crash sours 10.5 world record

This article brought to you by:

13719676_1147392468636043_3325939015904649688_o.jpg

Paul Mouhayet is recovering following a braking area accident in his Moits Racing Ford Mustang at the weekend’s Grudge Kings event at Sydney Dragway.

Mouhayet had just completed another 260mph+ pass in the Australian record holding Mustang when it all turned sour in the braking area.

The driver of Australian drag racing’s quickest and fastest turbocharged sedans said via Facebook that he had no idea why the car made the turn.

“The car left and it shook, I pedalled it and it got down. I deployed the chutes and they really didn’t feel like they hit as hard as they usually do. The car turned hard right and punched the wall.

“I will have a look at the data and see if I got on the brakes too hard or something like that. (Steve) Petty said he saw fuel pressure drop so maybe it sprayed fuel under the Tyres. We will get to the bottom of it.

The car isn’t bad at all. So we will get it back out as soon as we can.”

Mouhayet has some suspected broken ribs from his troubles and some sore spots from the safety belts but other than that reported he was in good health.

“First off I’d like to say thank you to each and every one of you that has messaged or tried to call me in the last few days.

“I want to say thank you to the whole PLR crew. These guys are geniuses. They are on point with everything they say and do. My CV/Moits Racing crew are the best. I love you guys. I know we went from hero to zero pretty quick but that’s how this sport is.

“I’d like to thank the people that are close to me that help me get shit done to make my life easier. I apologise to my family and friends that had to witness this accident. I can’t imagine what it’s like to watch it and be helpless. I’ve always said I’d never let any of my family drive one of these cars, I don’t cope watching Zoran or any of my other friends when they are racing.”

The unfortunate incident followed Mouhayet setting more headlines the previous day when he carded a world record 10.5 tyre pass of 5.866/255mph in the orange Moits Mustang (video below).

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine