Shane Tucker set for bounce back at NHRA Carolina Nationals

This article brought to you by:

ShaneTucker150916

Pro Stock driver Shane Tucker is headed to the Ninth annual NHRA Carolina Nationals this weekend with a rebound in his sights.

Tucker unfortunately didn’t make it into the top sixteen to race on Sunday at the U.S. Nationals but that DNQ did nothing but motivate Tucker and his Auzmet Architectural team to come to zMAX Dragway and give it their all.

“Not qualifying at Indy was pretty disappointing,” Tucker said. “It’s the biggest race of the year so I guess we didn’t prepare well enough but it was only our second race of the season.”

Since Indy, the team has burned the midnight oil as they go over the Chevrolet Camaro to find the issue behind the hindered performance two weeks ago.

“We thought there was a bit of an issue with the car somewhere so we took the shocks apart and send them back to Adam Lambert with Precision Racing Suspension to look them over and get serviced,” he said. “We’ll also scale the car at the race shop and just spend some more time on the car. “

While the rest of his competition has 18 races to perfect the new fuel injection, this will be the third race of the season that Tucker is attending. Finesse is the name of the game in Pro Stock and Tucker is closing in on the gap with each pass down the track. His first race in 2016 was at zMAX Dragway in the spring and he’s confident that the data he obtained months ago at this track will help him be successful this weekend.

“I think running zMAX Dragway already this season will work in our favor,” he said. “I think now that we have a few races under our belts, we should run well. Our team just needs to make some good runs this weekend when the conditions are there and we’ll be good.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine