Killer 8 second one of a kind Grange

This article brought to you by:

JoshCalgaro SSAA 6469 060816 13

Yes that’s right an eight second Holden Grange! Josh Calgaro has turned heads with one impressively quick machine.

Calgaro has owned the Grange since 2007 and it has seen a number of different engine combinations since starting life as supercharged power-skidding monster at Powercruise. Since those days – and a fair bit of mechanical carnage – Calgaro turned to Bill from BK Race Engines to build a new engine.

“Having enough I finally asked BK Race Engines to build my new motor, which we decided to go with a twin turbo Dart LS Next 427,” said Calgaro. “Had enough of superchargers – Bill being pretty involved with a lot of fast cars at the track, he kind of persuaded me to build the car in a way that I can race it, street it, and Powercruise it. So we started from scratch, the only thing I kept was the box and front brakes, the rest of the car is brand new.”

JoshCalgaro SSAA 6469 060816 04

The Grange was completely rebuilt and now ready to race. After a easy half track license pass, the time was now to stand on the power.

“I had never raced before so my good mate rolled me into stage and I began the transbrake and 2 step”, said Calgaro, “Took a while to come up on boost – the suspence was killing me while I waited. It came up and I let it go, and f@#k me, I was in for a ride.”

“The car lauched like I have never felt it do and the thing was on rails, I had my foot buried as I banged through the gears and before you know it the chute was out, the blokes at the end of the track could see my smile through my helmet I reckon.”

The Grange stormed through the traps at 156mph on a 8.968 second ET – not bad for a luxury car that weighs in at a hefty 4200lbs on its first full pass.

JoshCalgaro SSAA 6469 060816 01

The Dart LS Next 427 engine outputs 1242hp at 1070ft lb of torque with aid of two 7675 Precision turbos, with the power being transferred to the ground through a Al Race Glides 3 speed Turbo 400 and TCE converter, down to a set of 315/60-15 Pro Radials for traction.

Seven seconds is not expected to be out of the question once the tune up is developed, and you will be able to see the Grange – with a stunning new look – this weekend at Grudge Kings.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine