RESULTS – Dragfest 2016 party’s on

This article brought to you by:

15th October Dragfest Saturday 2016 2321

Dragfest at Warwick Dragway was by all reports another smash hit for the regional venue with over 200 racers rocking up for a good time – here are the results and reactions of what drag racing should be about.

First the event winners in each class were:

Blown Outlaws

Winner – Christine Steffens

Runner-up – Randall Mohr

Quick ET

Winner – Peter Nielsen

Runner-up – Katie Cunningham

Extreme Sedan

Winner – Rick Nielsen

Runner-up – Ashley Thomson

Radial

Winner – Shane Baker

Runner-up – Terry Seng.

Fast Street

Winner – Robert Winterburn

Runner-up – Craig Williams

Nostalgia Street

Winner – Shane Molloy

Runner-up – Barrie Young

Street – Craig Thompson Memorial

Winner – Sarah Langridge

Runner-up – Rachelle Connelly

Drag Bike

Winner – Matt Halpin

Runner-up – John Lewis

Street Bike

Winner – Phil Halpin

Runner-up – Isaac Smith

Young Guns

Winner – Andrew Tinney

Runner-up – Taylah Schluter

15th October Dragfest Saturday 2016 293

Once again the event lived up to its hype of an awesome party atmosphere with some drag racing thrown in. The Warwick Dragway Facebook has been inundated with praise for the weekend – how often does that happen nowadays! – here are some of the responses to a drag racing event and venue getting back to its roots.

“Awesome event! Well done to putting something like this together….Maybe some other tracks can take a leaf out of your book!” – Karen Youngberry.

Thanks to all the people at Warwick Dragway. I had a great time and my whole family are looking forward to next year.” – Sarah Langridge.

Thank you for another great Dragfest yet again. I think it is our 5th one. We really enjoyed our last one racing in Junior Dragster. Great event by all the team at Warwick Dragway.” – Kerry Leo.

Such an awesome weekend at a great track, thanks for having us and congrats to all winners and runner ups.” – Fiona Moloney.

Would like to thank all the staff and volunteers for an awesome Dragfest. Although we couldn’t race, we are so glad we travelled the 12 hours each way to get to this event for the first time. The after racing entertainment was fantastic and it was awesome to meet so many new friends. Vicki Hardcastle and I had a blast – we will be back with FAS728 in the new year ready for more great times.” – Royden Hardcastle.

A massive thank you to all the staff, volunteers and commentators at Warwick Dragway for what was another awesome Dragfest! An event like this doesn’t come together overnight and it is obvious that you guys and girls have spent many long hours bringing it all together for us, and then working tirelessly all weekend. Always such a friendly atmosphere at Warwick, the Saturday night party was so much fun – band were great. Also a shout out to the young fellas in the staging lanes and the girls looking after the toilets, good job guys. See ya next year.” – Benita Marchant.

Had a great time at Dragfest, thanks to all the dedicated staff that work their butts off. Will be back next year.” – Rod Lord.

Huge thank you to the organisers and volunteers for all the hard work and it was a great weekend at Dragfest. You guys run an awesome event and should be proud of the great show you guys put on – see yo next year.” – Shane Locke.

I’d just like to thank the organisers and volunteers for a great weekend at Dragfest. You guys run an awesome event and should be proud of what you do – already looking forward to the next one.” – Colin Long.

“The Smith Bro’s Nostalgia Drag Bike Racers Team would once again say a huge thank you to Warwick Dragway for another successful Dragfest meet. We had an absolute blast, thank you to all the staff and volunteers for a great job, and everyone else involved. See ya all again soon.” – Pedro Smith.

“Well what can I say, what a killer weekend! Dragfest 2016 really turned it on, massive classes in every class, amazing racing by everyone. I had an average weekend as the car didn’t go to my plans but oh well that’s racing. Saturday night antics well – she was a loose night which I don’t quite remember to much of, but from what I remember I had a ball and enjoyed myself. Sorry to anyone I annoyed though – bring on next year’s race season and hopefully we see a lot of new faces around Warwick Dragway in the new season!” – Dale Lee.

“What an awesome weekend you guys at Warwick Dragway put on – the atmosphere at Warwick is always fantastic you guys always nail it. A big Thank you to all the staff who do the hard yards getting it all done, and to all the other racers, spectators, friends and my crew. Thanks for another awesome weekend at Warwick Drayway, can’t wait to be back there again soon” – Mike Hyde.

“Big thank you to everyone involved in the organisation of the weekend! Haven’t been for a few years and geez it hasn’t it changed – awesome weekend, best valued event out there, cheers everyone.” – Craig Gordon.

Check out our gallery of the action courtesy of Dragphotos.com.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine