Crampton loses ride – Lucas Top Fuel team to close shop

This article brought to you by:

richiecrampton

News out of Pomona, California today that this will be the last event for the Morgan Lucas Racing Top Fuel team and its Australian driver Richie Crampton.

Crampton said via Facebook that while he was very disappointed the team would not continue, he was extremely thankful and forever grateful to the Lucas family for the chance to drive.

“To Morgan, Katie, Forrest and Charlotte Lucas for the incredible opportunity they gave me, allowing a kid from Australia to realise his dreams of racing the world’s fastest race cars in the biggest drag racing series on earth,” he said.

“Three seasons, eight final rounds, seven national event wins, including the 60th Anniversary US Nationals, and the Road to the Future Award – results that dreams are made of.

“All of that could also not have been achieved without the hard work and dedication of the finest team in the NHRA, and to each and every member of MLR both at the track and back at the shop, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

“To MLR’s partners who supported my journey – Lucas Oil, MAVTV, Protect The Harvest, Toyota USA, Mac Tools, GEICO, and Lincoln Electric, they not only have been valuable and loyal commercial supporters of our team, but I have also been lucky to forge many lifetime friendships with people in those organisations, for which I sincerely thank them.

“To our fans, I would like to say “thank you” for your incredible welcome and continued support over the past three years – you have made me feel like I belong in the NHRA, and you are what is so special about this 2016 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series.

“The news is obviously still fresh, and while situations quickly evolve in this sport, as yet I do not yet have any plans in place for the future, but I am confident that both me and my team-mates will be back next season in some capacity.

“For now, I will turn my attention to finishing the year off on a strong note before marrying my fiancĂ© Steph next week, and celebrating the occasion with our families and friends.”

More as it comes to hand.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine