Van Dyk to hit mid six second passes with new combo

This article brought to you by:

RyanVanDyk SCO 869 230116 18

Ryan Van Dyk (Diggers Rest, Victoria) will debut a new engine combination in his Dragster Ace Supercharged Outlaw Dragster at the Rowe Memorial Super Stock Classic.

Making his first Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series appearance this season, Van Dyk take to the track with an engine two years in the making.

“Dad bought a 500 ci Rodeck with big chief heads, Kobelco 14/71, billet crank and all the goodies out of the states about two years ago,” he said.

“In March this year we decided it was time to get it all together and put it in the car after we were out of the hunt in the 2015/2016 Championship.

“We sold the old engine and paid dad back for his outlay on the new piece and then stripped the car back to a bare chassis, I wouldn’t have been able to live with myself if I hadn’t given the chassis a coat of paint when I had the car in bits so after five days wire wheeling the chassis back to bare metal she got some nice shiny black paint.”

Since then Van Dyk has spent almost every waking moment of his spare time rebuilding the car from the ground up making a new dash for his first ever Tacho and a Racepak data logger while re-wiring the entire car from back to front.

Paul from Paul Rogers Performance Transmissions gave the trusty Powerglide a birthday – came apart looking brand-new as always.

“I really can’t wait for the Rowe Memorial when we get to see what this new combo can do.

“We are going to test at Jamboree November 12 in the DYO class and just slowly creep up on it and hopefully be ready to fire at the Rowe Memorial a week later.

“We’re hoping the new combo will push us into the 6.50 range at about 210-215mph when we get a handle on things.”

The Rowe Memorial Super Stock Classic and Round 4 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series will be held one day only on Saturday November 19 at Calder Park Raceway.

For more information please visit www.calderparkdragracing.com.au, visit the Calder Park Drag Racing Facebook page or keep an eye on the Rowe Memorial Super Stock Classic Facebook event page.

To watch the Rowe Memorial Super Stock Classic on a Garmin VIRB ANDRA Drag Racing Live Stream FREE trial please visit: Motorsports TV http://motorsportstv.com.au/?p=3684

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine