Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

dragster down again?

Re: dragster down again?

I agree with you about using your name, sometimes it is difficult, the group of people involved in Australia is small and everybody knows everybody and many people have major differences in opinion and some peolpe get offended or worse.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Thanks Brian, and others that may have this idea of censorship. Actuallty we don't. You can express what you want in the racer's lounge.. unedited ( and that is more than anyone else offers!!) Just in the public forum, to save face of the sport ( i.e for others trying to prove that we may be apes!) we have requested that you abide by our rules. We do NOT want to become what other sites have, but the choice is yours? For those that want to post in "the lounge" just do this http://dragnews.com.au/index.php?option … ;Itemid=54

Drag News Australia
Australia's fastest drag racing news and information source

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

so who actually owns the site , maybe they want someone to take it over , buy it

It would be a shame if Dragster.com folds. No disrespect to DNA. Nor is any critisism intended.
I've been logging onto dragster for over 7yrs and also DNA since it started. There still seems to be more posts etc on dragster, although it is down from what it was yrs ago. Also I think dragster gets a lot more hits on the for sale section.
In saying this(while I don't have facts & figures) there seems to just be a general decline from what it was years ago and also since DNA has started.
I have often wondered whether it has anything to do with the general feeling toward drag racing? Declines in crowd numbers, politics within the sport, etc.
When I first started looking at dragster, some 7 yrs ago, you could jump on there a few time a day, and there were new posts, parts for sale etc. Now I usually have a look once a day, but often there's not much new.Is it a reflection on whats going on and general feeling in the drag racing community?

Is there enough interested people to have 2 sites?
Have the many people that rarelyor never post anymore, just sick of all the whinging and arguements from keyboard warriors? While it is one thing to have open discussions, there seems to be some people that want to ram their point home and abuse others that don't agree. Rarely in any club, sport, politics etc is there 100% agreement, but discussion is good and shouldn't deteriorate into a shit slinging match.

Both sites have their good points.
While dragster is essentially a no frills site, it's easy to have a quick browse and see anything new.
Where-as DNA has a lot more sections, news, pics etc. But takes a bit longer to look around.

I like to keep up to date with whats happening around the country, as I've been a fan and racer for nearly 40yrs. And hopefully be back racing again soon. But living in remote area(as many others in the same position) and not getting to the main tracks regularly, it's good to be able to find out all the news, rumours, stories, etc etc, by just logging onto a site. Plus it's a good outlet/supply of parts that we would often miss out on in the bush.

But then on the other hand, if dragster.com did finish and DNA was the only site, it might get much better, and most people would be back on one site.
Who Knows??

Dragster must be fried for good, as its been down a long time. who ever sent those pesty bugs really fried it. There might be an investigation as to where or who is infecting there site and gear. ha ha that might be interesting.

I am pretty sure the message that the site is displaying relates to a database error of sometype. It is usually the same error that  has occurred with the site for many years. I am sure the owner will eventually realise what has happened and fix it.

Drag News Australia
Australia's fastest drag racing news and information source

back up and running 3.30pm WA time today

i had been trying to sign up to dragster.com for near on 3 mths . dont get the activation  message . i gave up and found this site . and now have  3 other old timers sign up

I live life in the fast lane but my hair just couldn't keep up!!

SLIGHTLY DANGEROUS
Slightly Dangerous
useravatar
30 Posts
back up dude/gal
Male 

Yeah well it took a week to fix a problem that used to be fixed in a day. I think the owners dont even monitor the site anymore and that includes registering new members. I am a moderator over there and have had a heap of emails in the past 3 months as it seems I am the only one who answers them. This place just needs to generate some interest and sort out their classifieds and the majority will come over

Have a look and like my face book page 'Top Fuel Promotions'.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

well its been over a week again this time,where is everyone? I ve bought alot of good gear from dragster.com and sold my fair share also, getting withdrawals.........

We are trying to provide a more user friendly for sale options on this site, either via the classifieds module or via sections on this forum, and we have virtually no down time.

Categorised items forum
Can upload own photos
Real names to help prevent tyre kickers and time wasters.

Just spread the word...

National Drag Racing Photographer
Drag News Magazine Photojournalist
www.cacklingpipes.com
www.dragnews.com.au

Ok So is Dragster dead and buried ? I for one will miss it, was the only way to keep in touch with Australian dragracing whilst I was living in England and its become part of my way of life allways the first site I would check out when I went on line.

Dragster was good a few years ago, I got tired of too many people hiding behind anonimity.What are you afraid of?
I have met some nice people through the site though.

There are a lot of happenings behind the scenes with this site at the moment and the main aim is to retain the credibility Dragster.com.au lost, with the forum side of things on this on this site it is up to the readers to post and utilise the service and we will guarantee it will be a lot bigger and better than anything before it.

National Drag Racing Photographer
Drag News Magazine Photojournalist
www.cacklingpipes.com
www.dragnews.com.au

Grant its the Forum layout that I cant get use to, I much prefered the dragster layout. Mind you this is a 59 year old who is having trouble with comming to terms with windows 7? after years with XP I'm not against change I just take time to adjust lol

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
roxannecorse
Members Online: