Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

dragster down again?

Re: dragster down again?

Any feedback with layouts is welcome (or anything with the site), there is loads of different forum templates to choose from all have advantages and disadvantages, we dont think this one is very difficult to get use to, but let us know what problems you have with it.

National Drag Racing Photographer
Drag News Magazine Photojournalist
www.cacklingpipes.com
www.dragnews.com.au

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I hope some of the narrow minded, stuck in the past, self centered types from dragster.com.au dont head over here..............whoops, too late, one already has. Back to Yellow Bullet for me, where people are generally more open to new ideas.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

If this place is gunna work we gotta contribute more. There is a huge story that is about to come out, it would be out on dragster by now but not on here yet. Those of us on here now gotta make it worth coming here.

Hint... the calender just got shorter

Have a look and like my face book page 'Top Fuel Promotions'.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

Is that official? Its still on their site. Not that many would have counted on it, but that said , is it both tracks?

I cannot say 100% but it looks pretty certain from what i am hearing, It was never gunna work any way. 3 races in 4 weeks///WTF

Have a look and like my face book page 'Top Fuel Promotions'.

A bit slow now but once the season starts it will be the place on fb to catch up with what is going on in the 3 nitro classes. All positive, I promise!

as much as i like this site,and i do, i think we need an honest and open discussion about why dragster was/is dieing.correct me if im wrong but isnt julie lamb the owner? if so then this is obviously just a out and out attempt to CENSOR the net and julie will find out what happens when u try to do that. if you dont want the site then why not sell it?  or is this the ultimate way to silence her critics? again,coerrt me if im wrong,and im sure plenty will but where theres smoke theres usually fire...........or a slick!

Its not her site, the owner does not have anything to do with it as such, its one of the reason it has gone down hill and why people like myself and Rob wiped our hands of it and started again here the way we feel it should of been done with Dragster.com.au. We will get there with this, but like anything, it requires time and $, the more $ then the more time that can be devoted to the site, we really need contributers from interstate, but its virtually impossible to get anyone reliable and or competent. But if there is anyone out there who can take a photo and/or put a few words together from ANY track around please contact us.

www.cacklingpipes.com
www.dragnews.com.au

ahhh k thanx grant       just seems fishy to me thats all............................

I think your whats new needs to be more prominent for the forums and include for sale items. I used to click onto dragster read the top few lines in their preview to see if anything had changed and then click the section that had new posts from there

These forums have a for sale section, latest posts are at the top. the forum index shows what sections has new posts.

There is a index tab at the top of the forum below the latest posts display.

www.cacklingpipes.com
www.dragnews.com.au

I do see that but I was just suggesting to make it more prominent, I used to visit dragster alot just to see what was getting sold from fellow racers.  I sold my old car and alot of new and used spares on that site.You could see by the number of people that viewed the classifieds you listed that many people looked forward to that side of the site also

Prominent from the main page you mean?, the threads on here do get a lot of views, just getting people to post, there is a lot of discussion in the story comments threads, maybe should turn that off and force comment here.

www.cacklingpipes.com
www.dragnews.com.au

I used to keep the forum page as the site link as that was the best part of that site. I think shutting down the comments may stimulate more interaction on the forum. Not everyone will agree but format works on most sites as alot of people enjoy the interaction with other drag racing fanatics whether the topic interests them or not.

OK, I have made the latest posts ection at the top of the forum page a little easier/. We now have latest general posts on the LHS of the page and next to that latest commercial posts. This is also reflected on our front page. Hope that helps?

Drag News Australia
Australia's fastest drag racing news and information source

well i appreciate you giving it a try and i think it will be easier to use! maybe a log in tag on the forum page as well to save going back to home page to log in?

There is 1 guest and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
shakiraconcert
Members Online: