Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

dragster down again?

Re: dragster down again?

Jason Cunliffe wrote:

well i appreciate you giving it a try and i think it will be easier to use! maybe a log in tag on the forum page as well to save going back to home page to log in?

done!

Don't forget you can add video, images and a whole stack of other features to your posts.

Drag News Australia
Australia's fastest drag racing news and information source

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Seriously. Dagster going down is in the best interest of our sport. Too many times good ideas, events or sponsors got leaked out or crapped on.

This site is no different but the fact you need to show your name and it's a little different to navigate around.

Good riddence I say. To those offering ideas I applaud you as the guys are more than happy to adjust to make life a little easier. This site is about to go into overdrive and I hope everyone is ready to contribute.

P.s no points for top fuel at adelaide and calder rounds?

Plucka
Crew guy on the Mopar Car
useravatar
85 Posts
Forum crewman
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Am i missing an update from andra somewhere regarding calder and adelaide, is this what people have heard or is it official?

Paul
From what we are hearing no points and only 4 invited cars, basically match racing. One of the Top Fuel drivers has been ringing around "inviting" certain people to race at the venues,

Very sad deal for the sport, with more dumb shit to come.

CYA
Geoff

All news to me....

Purchased and sold lots of parts there and a lot of gained and relayed heaps of information. A lot of time wasters wanting to look and not buy. Heaps bagging out the wrong people but in general it is a good site.

Hey all
i gotta agree Dragster.com.au was the most unreliable site ive come across ever
the for sale section was usefull but thats about all

too many whingers and smart arses on the site shit bagging everybody, the sport really doesnt need any more of that, i think we should count our blessigns that we get to race full stop.

hoping this place can be what it was intended to be and have a decent amount of members to fill it out

it is a little tricky to look at the way its set up if constructive critisim is welcomed?

just seems to be too large on the front of each page, if i were asked id say to keep it smaller and more page for actually forum lists etc but its not major just the 1st thing i seem to notice here every page

besides that decent mods it can only turn into something decent and usefull especially when grant gives me a price on the pics from jamboree default/big_smile

Cheers ~Ali

Thanks for your thoughts.

To make this forum appear somewhat like the other forum, just above the banner that says "racer forum"  there are a number of tabs. There should be a tab called topic view, if not select index then you will see that option. This then lists all the recently updated topics down the page and shows you the number of views. replies etc.

If eve prefers it this way we can get ride of the latest post updates at the top.

Cheers

Drag News Australia

I find this site is a little bit to complex to navigate with to many categories and sub categories to work though.

Shane are you just talking about the forum?

I dont think it has too many more sub sections than Dragster had, except in the for sale section as we tried to itemise it a bit better.

National Drag Racing Photographer
Drag News Magazine Photojournalist
www.cacklingpipes.com
www.dragnews.com.au

Thanks Shane, are you referring to the forum or the site. We are in the process of updating the site so any feedback is good.

Drag News Australia

It mite be just me but i find both the news section and the forum just a bit hard to find what im looking for. The news tab for example has 13 categories, I dont know about every one else but i like to just click on news and scroll down and read the headlines on everything and open what interests me rather than open each section individually and then have to go back to open the next section. Its the same with the for sale section, i'd rather just be able to open the for sale section and read everything, for sale, parts, trailers and wanted all in the one list and open what interests me. This is just my personal preference and opinion and probably wont suit everybody.
Cheers

this site is a bit more cluttered and non-user friendly compared to dragster but i suppose it will grow on me given time.
its a pity julie didnt take up my offer to turn dragster into australias version of the bullet................thats the sort of site we are sorely lacking in this over-regulated nanny state we call oz. :BRP:
p.s do u have a nsfw section here?
pps  PROTIP:  if your a racer and your married,STAY THAT WAY.getting divorced really fucks with your racing schedule........................... :SCK:

tony dutton wrote:

its a pity julie didnt take up my offer to turn dragster into australias version of the bullet................thats the sort of site we are sorely lacking in this over-regulated nanny state we call oz. 

Awesome idea, but damn, some of the stuff I have seen on the bullet...................heck, even some of the stuff I HAVE POSTED on the bullet, would have me in jail here in Australia!!! I cant see anyone with enough lawyers on retainer even thinking of following that model for Australia anytime soon!

hey some more feedback if you dont mind?

i think get rid of the banner the 2nd one from the top as it takes too much out of the main page OR move it up or place it at the far bottom rather than it hitting you smack in the middle of the screen
i suggest keep those on the home page and let the forum be more about the topics as this is what the general user is scanning for instantaneously when we open forums (catchy appealing titles of interest)

the tabs are fine they will become an easy short cut to those once they frequent the site

as for the comments by TONY DUTTON above i agree with him totally (re a forum like YB) would be awesome in many ways

Cheers and good luck everybody!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
David
Members Online: