Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

dragster down again?

Re: dragster down again?

Keep the suggestions coming for the site (main & forum) and we will look at the consensus, what is possible etc etc. I prefer the forum view and compared to this topic view, especially if there is a lot of posts.

PS Ali, you using  640x480 resolution still, its not that big LOL?
PPS I sent you a email about those photos LOL.
PPPS Fix your car already!

National Drag Racing Photographer
Drag News Magazine Photojournalist
www.cacklingpipes.com
www.dragnews.com.au

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

hehe
Car is almost finished mate
We were awaiting one alloy head have got pretty much everything else, shall be a different car this time (god willing) and are entered for the sept 8th

Yes as for the pages esp. forum pages i think there is a verticle 4 inches of wasted space as there are 2 banners showing ALL THE TIME if you get me!

I admin a vBulletin site myself and i know how lazy people can be so they really dont like havign to think but much rather see what they are looking for (in a strange psycholigical way)

but see what the consensus is,
its content in the end that matters and the crowd it draws (lets hope we all have a new home)

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

also food for thought (i take it this is a different brand of forum software?)
is there an option to show the username of any user logged in at the top somewhere that indicates you are logged in? (i.e Welcome back Ali R... or "Ali R, LOG OUT" or something of the like with association of a notifications tab/ PMs etc in one location? (im sure you get what i mean but i could screen shit some sort of example if you prefer?)

the other thing i wasto ask (and please slap me if im reading it wrong) but the dates on each post seem to be DAY YEAR and TIME not a complete date of __/__/__

There is a module at the base of the page which gives you all kind of stats including logged on users and prolific users.

I have simplified the date format it reads today or yesterday then d-m-y and time.

I have also tidied up the top of the forum page.

Drag News Australia
Australia's fastest drag racing news and information source

well i think its certainly looking at lot better and im sure everyone appreciates your willingness to listen. Hope these things all help it become bigger and better than anything before it. It seems to have had allot more interest in the forum in the short term already!

Dragster is it going to come back or is it dead and buried. Sorry to me there just seems to be to much on the opening page of Dragnews. People want ease to browse as it can overwelm people quiet easily.

REGARDS MICHAEL

Not meaning to start a storm, but this is where things get interesting/opinionated.

Me, I love the homepage. Everything is there for me to see and if I choose to read further I do. Even when I open the homepage on my phone it still works really well.

But again, that is just my opinion and trust me, there are plenty of people in the world who would think a whole bunch differently to me!!

jakkaneracing
Jak Kane Racing
useravatar
2 Posts
back up dude/gal
Male  Website 

michael bibby wrote:

Dragster is it going to come back or is it dead and buried. Sorry to me there just seems to be to much on the opening page of Dragnews. People want ease to browse as it can overwelm people quiet easily.

REGARDS MICHAEL

I guess because this sites intention is to provide news over anything else. We are working on an update that will see things change to what they are now. So we appreciate your feedback as it gives us things to plan in the new design.

As for Dragster, we have no idea? It is up to those folks I guess?

Drag News Australia

Jeeeze this is going to sound petty BUT the postings date, I have trouble with it, green on green? I cant pick it out real easy and cus I intelectually chalanged I end up reading the same stuff more than once.

adjust your monitor's brightness or contrast~  default/big_smile

Drag News Australia

thanks mate the date is much better!

Ali Ryan wrote:

thanks mate the date is much better!

Agreed.  default/smile
The forum layout is much easier to navigate.
Thanks.

Response Code:       200

Domain Status:        Registered And No Website

Maybe the least they can do (the owners of Dragster) is to put a simple Closed sign on the index page of dragster.com.au letting people know it's closed and not coming back or any other status they care to mention.  It's like a friend changing their phone number and not telling anyone and it's god damn disrespectful to all the previous honest users of the site to not let them know.

Edited by: bandit - 15-09-12 05:25:30

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
David
Members Online: