Tremaniac Racing picks up from where they left off

This article brought to you by:

Right from the beginning of the weekend, everyone knew that Pro Stock was going to be the bracket of the 2010 Fuchs Australian Nationals – and that it was. The event provided the quickest ever 16 car field in Australian Pro Stock history with the bump being a stout 7.18 seconds.

After three rounds of qualifying Aaron was in sixth position with a 7.102sec blast followed by Tyronne in 9th position with a time of 7.107 seconds, showing how tough the bracket is becoming.

Eliminations, Tyronne was first to the line and had to face Dave Newcombe who qualified in 8th spot. Tyronne got crossed up on the hit in the burnout leaving him with cold tyres, not something you need when running Dave.  Great reaction times from both drivers with Tyronne having the slight advantage with a .010 light to Dave’s .020 light. Dave powered on through to take the win with a impressive 7.09 sec pass while Tyronne ran his slowest pass of the weekend 7.144 seconds.

“I knew I had to be on my game against Dave as it was anybody’s race and getting crossed up in the burnout didn’t help. We were struggling a bit in qualifying but we’re heading in the right direction getting faster with every pass. I am just looking forward to the next round at Willowbank and hopefully can redeem myself, “ explained Tyronne

In Round 1 and Aaron had to face fellow Queenslander Wayne Daley. What a close race to start the day, Aaron goes a 7.072/192 to just edge out Wayne’s impressive of a 7.10 pass. In the second round Aaron would face friend Shane Tucker. As expected there was a staging duel with Aaron going in first. Aaron was unaware that Shane had damaged his car in the previous round and that Shane was trying to score an upset win by trying to make Aaron red-light by holding him out. Unfortunately for Shane, Aaron recorded a great reaction time of .024 secs coupled with a 7.08 sec pass securing lane choice for the next round.

Semifinals, Aaron is up against Dennis Whiting.  Dennis has been on his game and has been producing great reaction times. Both in, Dennis goes red and hands the win to Aaron. Aaron runs a 7.10 at 192mph. Who will Aaron’s opponent be? Will it be team mate Jason Hedges who has been running well all day or Dave Newcombe. Dave has been lightning on the tree and fast. It was Dave all the way great reaction time and a 7.09 et to Jason’s 7.12.

Final’s time. Strong burnouts on both sides, Dave goes in, Aaron is straight behind him.  Dave has the holeshot a .008 to Aaron’s still great .021 reaction, however Aaron is in front by the 60ft mark leaving Dave to do the chasing. Aaron takes the win with a 7.08 sec pass as Dave is closing the gap with a 7.131 pass.

“This win is for the entire crew for putting in the effort  this weekend, We knew coming into this weekend that it was going to be a tough  with the way that all of the other teams have been stepping up. We have the same engine in the car we had over two years ago, we have made changes to it and have picked it up a bunch but we are definitely need more power as you can see by the qualifying positions. The competition is intense and with just over a tenth separating No 1 and No 16 qualifier the win could go to any of the 16 qualifiers.  ” exclaimed Aaron.

Tyronne and Aaron would like to thank their sponsors: Tremaniac Racing, Aqualine Pools, Steve Fox Homes, Noonan Race Engineering, Fuchs Lubricants, DecoGlaze® Glass Splashbacks, Bradman’s windows and doors, Millers Hardware, Truss Tech and Blue Eye Sunglasses

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine