Bray looks for a new PB in Sydney

This article brought to you by:

Team BrayThree months ago, Victor Bray almost equaled his personal best elapsed time of 6.010 at the Perth Motorplex in Western Australia. The six times national champion is anxious to go better again this weekend, at the 2010 Summernationals and move up the score board in the ANDRA Pro Series championship points.

The father and son duo of Victor and Ben Bray put down some quality passes in the Castrol Edge Top Doorslammers at the last event. Victor brought the crowd to its feet in the final qualifying session when he went from outside the field to number four in just 6.018 seconds. Plus who could forget Ben’s round one 5.88 hole shot win over John Zappia in the world’s fastest side by side pass.

The ever expanding pit area of Team Bray will house Top Doorslammer regulars Victor and Ben Bray, Mat Abel and flying the Top Alcohol flag for TBR, Paul Madill and Top Doorslammer newcomer, Scott Mclean.

Victor BrayVictor Bray Castrol EDGE 1957 Chevy: “I am as focused as ever on getting all the TBR cars down the track fast, because with large fields trying to make it into the top eight for Saturday’s elimination, we will need to be on the game from the first qualifying session.

“The WSID track is always well prepared and if the weather is good, fingers crossed and a few cards fall our way, we can move up the championship ladder.”

Ben Bray Castrol EDGE Monaro CV8Z: “It would be great to run a time lower than the 5.88 I ran at the Golden States, but that’s not entirely our goal for the weekend. What we really want to do is improve our spot in the championship as we start the second half of the season. There are so many quality cars right behind us we really have to be on our game to hold onto our position.

“I have my spot in the top four of the championship and I am very keen to improve on that. This weekend I would love to see Dad run a 5 second pass, getting a handful of points to make his way up the scoreboard too!”

Mat Abel Karcher 1957 Chevy: “I really would like to get this of hoodoo off my back to get past the first round in eliminations in Top Doorslammer, this is one thing that is starting to bug me. I lined up against the eventual event winner Maurice Fabetti in the first round back in Perth and after that I came to the realization that having an easy first round in Top Doorslammer just is not going to happen.

“We tested the Karcher Top Doorslammer at both USA v Australia Nitro Funny Car events at Willowbank back in early January and that gave us some positive results. I really hope we can put it all together this weekend and give the bracket a real good shakeup.”

Paul Madill Dodge Funny Car: “It was at this event in 2006 that Ben ran his first five-fifty pass of 5.575 in his Top Alcohol funny car. I am not saying that I will be using that turn-up in my car but I would like to be heading in that direction.

“We spent a whole day with my fuel system on the flow bench at the TBR workshop so fingers crossed we have got a lot of the gremlins out that hampered our debut here late last year. Anyway this is only my second drag racing event I have competed in so I am lucky in that for now I’ve got nothing to prove.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine