Sydney Dragway management changes

This article brought to you by:

Rumours have been rampant this week regarding the board of directors at Sydney Dragway.

The track has released the following statement from Sydney Dragway’s new Chairman Sam Sofi.

SYDNEY DRAGWAY

A Statement by the Chairman

Ladies and Gentleman

You may have heard there have been some changes at Sydney Dragway.

Late last year I joined the Board and in November I was elected Chairman.  As a local Businessman running my own Insurance Brokerage in Liverpool since 1978 I am vitally interested in western Sydney. I am also a motorsport enthusiast having been involved in various categories since the mid 70’s.  I look forward to meeting you and working with you in the best interest of Sydney Dragway and Drag racing in this country.

Last week the Board by unanimous decision established a Management Sub Board to conduct a complete review of the operation of Western Sydney International Dragway Ltd.

I am the Chairman of this Sub Board.

This Management Sub Board has been charged with the responsibility of conducting a full review of the operations at Sydney Dragway – this will include a review of the Financials; operations of The Board; the management structure and operation; Membership; communication; conduct of events; and others while at the same time providing for you an open communication channel to express your views.  At this time the appointed Sub Board will control all matters at the Dragway.

The membership of the Sub Board will include one other member of the Board and a range of independent persons who I feel can contribute to the review and growth of your venue, Sydney Dragway.

My Management Sub Board will report back to the full Board on July 29th.

As a Board we are excited by this development and as the Chairman I see this as an opportunity to resurrect Sydney to be the premier dragway in the country.

I am certain you will have a view and I encourage you to forward your thoughts to me at sam@sydneydragway.com.au

Yours in sport
Sam Sofi
Chairman
14th January 2011

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine