Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Forgot password? | Forgot username?
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » turtle

28-06-17 13:32:30
I have looked at all the areas that I know and cannot find if anyone won the 50th Winters and how...
Category: General Discussion
Forum: The Bench

I believe that since the event was cancelled, there were no winners. The trophies that were handed out were for the Championship.

I have to agree that the lack of communication from 400 Thunder/IHRA is quite poor for an organisation that is trying to bring new life to Drag Racing.
The fact that they don't have a calendar out yet BUT are promoting the July event in Darwin makes you wonder whats going on. Sydney Dragway website also has the November dates in for the usual 'East Coast Thunder' event. Makes it kinda hard to plan your racing season.

18-05-17 17:42:13
Winternationals Pro Entry Count ...... so far!

Great to see full fields in Group 2. Just goes to show there are cars out there, they just don't all travel.

10-02-16 11:28:44

Thanks.

09-02-16 09:56:25

Does 400 Thunder have a website? I Googled it and nothing came up apart from related press articles. I was mainly looking for schedules and national records & indexes.

Thanks.

09-02-16 09:53:45

Kyle currently holds the A/A national record at 6.67, so it's no surprise it went 6.64. It has a lot of potential.

I am surprised they haven't got the speed record yet. Its still 'only' 187mph

With Comp and Pro Stock numbers falling off in the USA, and now in Australia, this is an interesting piece of reading.

Click here

22-12-15 08:40:07
Forum: Track Talk

Interesting to see Lee Bektash entered in Outlaw Radial.....

31-10-15 18:44:11

PRO will only have 12 cars. Wouldn't be surprised if they make it a 8 car fields.

26-06-15 17:53:35
Forum: Track Talk

Just had a look at the 2015/16 calender on the ANDRA website. They have an event scheduled at Calder Park on Jan 23-24.
Will the track upgrades be completed by then? I thought they were not going to race there until the upgrades had been completed.

26-06-15 17:47:35
TImes about up

michaelv8 wrote:

One of the other reasons nobody posts on here anymore is this forum, as we all know, is monitored by Andra. No stakeholder(licence holder) will put any comment on here for fear of breaking the Andra "Code of Conduct" something that all new and renewing licence holders must sign. So today Andra has  released their Social Media Policy so now stakeholders must now be careful what they say on Facebook etc. They now have effectively gagged all stakeholders everywhere unless of coarse you have nothing but praise and positive comments about Andra and the sport.

Sounds like a certain Asian country or that place with heaps of land east of Europe.

09-05-15 01:21:17
Topic: Winters

Great to see big fields in Comp and Super Stock. The Winters seems to be the only event that they can get full fields.
I see the name Andrew Searle AM/PA is this that same Andrew Searle that used to run TD?

09-05-14 12:20:59
Topic: X Champs

Quartermile wrote:

Good to he he is doing well, that looked like a nasty accident.

The event seemed like it went well on paper, some great runs in all classes and a lot of action on track. How was the crowd?

Saturdays crowd was down quite a bit however that would have been because of the weather (it was predicted to rain all day, they were lucky to run what they did).
Sunday was average, however it thinned out a lot at about 3pm. Again the weather may have played a part as it was quite cold and windy.

21-04-14 19:25:00
Topic: Super 3
Super 3

Maybe Pro Stock should have run. Their first round in Melbourne was a fizzer, its a reliable, consistent and tight class to run with little/no downtime (within reason) so would fit into a tightly-packaged show nicely.

Quartermile wrote:

wadragracing wrote:

Costs won't come under control until they take active steps, teams aren't going to do it themselves. Reduce number of events? Limit number of motors per season? Come up with ways of reducing how useful 10 or 15 horsepower are as it seems to be now in Pro Stock. As drag racing nerds we love the way Pro Stock teams eek every ounce of power out of their motors but for Joe Public it is lost on them. Who knows...but there's lot's of smart people out there, throw some ideas.

Introducing a cap would be the best thing to do, it is the most practical way to go about reducing cost. Rules like limiting engines and parts etc would be the next step, just like they do in F1. Even F1 are thinking of introducing a $150 million dollar cap next season to help out the smaller teams.

Are you saying Drag Racing (either here or in the USA) should introduce a 'salary cap'?
Wow, that would sure open a can of worms, especially if it happened here.
This topic is being beaten to death at the moment (read the Whit Bazemore article I posted a few weeks ago) however I've got one question to everyone: Is Drag Racing still relevant to today sports fans, or is it just catering to an aging fan base that grew up with 'the good old days'?

25-03-14 18:41:35
Roy Morgan Research Results

I'm actually surprised Drag Racing made it into the list with 1.1m. Maybe more people watch Speedweek that  I thought

• Index
  • » Users
  • » turtle

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
Preard