Forum

Altronics

Forgot password? | Forgot username?
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » sean72

19-06-17 19:23:31
I have looked at all the areas that I know and cannot find if anyone won the 50th Winters and how...
Category: General Discussion
Forum: The Bench

If you look at 1320 go off willowbanks website, at the date of 06-10-2017 ,  group one only ran qualifying and some sportsman classes ran one round. My understanding is that they cancelled the meet so no winners awarded, which makes sense especially in group one with no elimination runs ran.

01-02-16 19:43:17
2200DRA track day Sydney Dragway next Saturday
Forum: Track Talk

Hi Tex,

Hopefully you will miss a good day . In my opinion it is one of the best days racing you can get .The last meeting I had 11 runs between 10.30am and 4.30pm , there is also a free bbq lunch where you get the social side of racing , the chicago shootout gives you the competition side of racing and there is no long time sitting around between round. So you have heaps of runs , good people , and short turn arounds what else do you want it racing.
Maybe next time Tex

Cheers Sean

29-01-16 21:48:00
2200DRA track day Sydney Dragway next Saturday
Forum: Track Talk

http://www.2200dra.com/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1707490 … pe=regular

It's an awesome days racing ,lots of runs , chicago shootout and early finish .I can't believe there is spots still available

02-03-15 21:38:45

here is a link to the new weights

http://andra.com.au/images/stories/ANDR … 220_91.pdf

Sean

01-02-15 22:57:54

Hi Geoffster ,

I like you love my drag racing as a spectator and a driver. I enjoy watching all the classes except jr's  { sorry jr's} but we are exceptions to the norm .If we want to honest with ourselves  group 2,3,4 are for the RACERS and don't draw crowd's. Some classes just cost more but we are all hobby racers.The average Joe isn't interested in the intricacy of racing and classes they like the wow factor and Top Fuel , Door Slammers and 10.5 outlaws have that.

Sean

31-01-15 22:26:01

Hi geoffster,
"As one guy responded when I finally got him to understand how Group Three works “..so they’re really just racing themselves”.

Being a group three racer this could not any further from the truth, any competent group three and four racer has the added skill of driving the finish line which alot of spectators don't understand . I personally think group 4 has the best finish line drivers of any class.

Sean

07-01-15 22:20:52

'Some may say Altereds & Dragsters have an advantage over Sedans, but I disagree, at the end of the day it’s DYO racing & it comes down to driver & car consistency, reaction times & dial-ins. '

You may think this but it's been proven in the USA that when they combine the two at the big buck bracket meets the sedan car count dropped dramatically so much so that to get the sedans to come back they had to run split fields until 16 cars are left. I think the same thing would happen here.

Sean 3332

12-10-14 22:29:42

After reading the  letter there is one part that stuck in my mind
" Q - Why can’t we just add another bracket?
A - Venues who were engaged as part of the process expressed concern with scheduling and prize money if another bracket was added outright. "

That's your answer ,scheduling ? can some one explain to me if you still have the same amount of cars entered,its still the same amount of pairs the same amount of time to run those pairs weather there is one bracket or two how does it effect scheduling? I think the second part is more relevant  .
.do you really think they care what the bottom of the food change think?

Sean

Tex,
I feel sorry for you super street guys , I feel that super street is a good class for people with truely tough street cars ie not race cars with plates,to race.I just don't think its fair for you to race against a full chassis purpose built race car with full tubs ,4 link ,trans brake,delay box, shift solenoid in a standard type car.And you don't even get asked if you want the change.So how do new people get to start racing at an entry level ?

Sean

Tex, I think there is an agenda here .They don't want slow cars as a part of the big show.I have understood that for awhile that's why I don't run national events.Though I still pay for them with my overpriced andra license . I understand they need to separate super sedan as the speed difference is getting too big  and dangerous  the class has been the same how long 20-30 years but technology has come along and the cars have got a lot quicker.There are several issues here but it looks like andra have taken the easy way out and screwed you small guys at the bottom. The sport as a whole needs a redesign to keep with current trends and increase popularity  but that isn't going to happen too many people with there own agendas .I think that's one reason why our sport will never be more than a expensive hobby.

Sean 3332

27-06-14 21:38:12

Our sport has to cater for current trends before it can move onto the next trend.

14-05-14 11:16:07
Topic: X Champs

I went to the x champs on sunday ,i love my drag racing but the show was very slow .From the semi's on there was gaps between each group that ran.For me it was tolerable as I was chatting to other racers but if I was going there to watch racing only I wouldn't have been impressed.Between the gaps in groups coming out and the actual long time it takes group one to make a run there wasn't a great deal of racing for the last couple hours.As i said before I love my racing but the show must change if we want the sport to grow or survive.

Sean

• Index
  • » Users
  • » sean72

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
Griseldanpy
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

aeroflow ofp

Rocket ofp

vpw-new-logo

logo for Drag News
gulfwestern

dnm25cover

Single Issue  Subscription

Would you like to contact Drag News? Send an email to our team by clicking This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We'd love to hear from you.

Would you like to advertise on Australia's most popular drag racing site? Contact Drag News Australia This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for our rate sheet or to discuss opportunities.

DNA's T&C's