• Index
  • » Users
  • » wadragracing

19-05-16 13:36:42
Topic: entries
winternationals
Category: General Discussion
Forum: Track Talk

It's still an iconic race and it's still the biggest, but there are 71 less sportsman racers this year, 89 if you take out the Pro Radial entries. That's just the numbers in black and white.
We are at our best when we all work as one and hopefully the powers in our sport are working toward that.

15-05-16 17:11:58
Forum: The Bench

Hi guys, thought some of you might be interested in some older pics I'm putting up on wadragracing.com.au.
Basically going back through my archives from the early days and uploading as I go, a lot of pics that haven't been seen for a while. So hope you find something you enjoy!

http://http://wadragracing.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/20021228-4.jpg

22-12-15 19:42:46
Forum: Track Talk

mark davison wrote:

NEXT MINUTE. NATIONALS 2016.

I wonder if five years ago anyone would have put on a bet that there would be more ANDRA championship rounds in Victoria than anywhere else...

23-11-15 14:00:12
ANDRA vs.IHRA

azza86 wrote:

I find it funny how everyone was against andra and wanted everything to change and the tracks have done this and now everyone is against ihra move and wants andra back.

People criticise the Australian government, but it doesn't mean they want the US to come and take over. I guess there's a difference between expressing your concerns for an organisation and getting rid of that organisation altogether.

28-09-15 07:29:11

Re the posts above on why a 6-8 round series with everything there is not run. Willowbank and Sydney are the only tracks who currently have an interest in running all brackets at one event. Remaining tracks either choose not to or can't afford to.
The only way this would conceivably happen is if the Group One show was shrunk in size to 2-3 brackets or we split it into two series that go around the country.

27-09-15 03:36:37

Chicago shootout is effectively what is run at the QDRC now.
As a spectator event, no.
As a racer-supported event, perhaps.

23-09-15 13:34:14

Dave727 wrote:

The general public know what V8 Super Car Racing and F1 is, but when it comes to Drag Racing they think it's two hoons racing on the streets due to street racing always being referred as Drag Racing.
And if "ANDRA dose contact those programs when this occurs," well ANDRA is not doing a very good job of it. I've never seen or heard of ANDRA going on a current affairs program to explain what real Drag Racing is.

You just nailed it with the first part of your comment - the general public thinks drag racing is two cars racing. This is not due to the media - it is in common language, in culture, engrained even in the way a commentator will refer to two Formula One cars 'dragging' down the straightaway.
A current affairs program will not just let you on the air to tell them how they are wrong. There has been many good news stories in the past that have been generated from ANDRA and tracks but this is going to be a perpetual battle.

21-09-15 20:50:13

ANDRA does contact those programs when this occurs.
Unfortunately drag racing is a generic term accepted by the community as meaning two cars racing. When you're battling an entire language it is a tough and ongoing slog.

12-09-15 16:08:15

That's fair. Have added an article.

Luke

08-08-15 17:42:30
Full of drag racing awesomeness

Hello Geoff - here is the direct link - http://joom.ag/T3lp
It was showing in the embed correctly on the ordering page but I realised one of the direct links had not been updated. Is the link you are using working okay now?

Cheers,

Luke

01-08-15 11:30:48
TImes about up

michaelv8 wrote:

Why did Andra not give a Summit round to Warwick, Roma, Gladstone  Mackay or the new track in Cairns when it opens? If they can run rounds at I/8 mile tracks in Vic why not in Qld? Is their beef with Willowbank or Qld or have they just done that so they can lay all the blame on W,Bank for no Summit round up here?

The tracks have to request the rounds. If those tracks requested a round of the Summit Series and wereup to scratch facilities wise they would likely get it.

22-07-15 00:40:55
TImes about up

Michael, ANDRA collectively promotes the championship. The tracks promote individual events but don't generally assist each other on a national level.
Good events are produced with team work. ANDRA sends the promotional trailer up, they help generate media coverage, they get stewards organised and fly officials in if needed. Plus they do a lot of the unseen work, helping new venues get off the ground, investigating safety - there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes day to day in head office as well that people just aren't exposed to. Just because it isn't up there in lights doesn't mean it isn't occuring. When this is combined with an excellent group like the HVDRA the results are such as the event on the weekend which everyone seems to be very impressed with.

15-07-15 12:46:14
Nationals vs Pioneers
Category: Nostalgia
Forum: Die Hards

Hi Graham, have you contacted the organisers to let them know your feelings? Probably the best bet to ensure they don't conflict in the future.

08-07-15 19:02:34

It's probably the way Top Fuel always will be in this country. We are just a small place, it's amazing we have as many teams as we do.
I believe the Premiair team are going to travel next season along with Sheehan so we should have the requisite four once you include two RAI cars. Hopefully we see the Reads back and Stamatis is promising to be back once his transporter is finished. Mariani, Sainty, Pom and Begley should be there to pop their heads in from time to time as well. It might be a little while until we see an oversubscribed field again, but Top Fuel moves slowly team wise.
On a personal note, thanks to the Lamattina family for all their efforts over the past decade. I still get a shiver when I hear a nitro car fire up and it is thanks to these guys putting in their blood, sweat and tears that I get to experience that. Wishing them all the best for the future!

03-07-15 17:08:01
Full of drag racing awesomeness

Hi guys and girls, issue eight of Drag News Magazine is now available to order. It is our Winternationals special with a bunch of interviews and amazing images from our great photographers. Actually a special note to thank Joe Maday, Mal Burgess, Dave Reid and Ryan Corfield for all their support with their trackside work.
We also have a feature with Collin Willshire and in brief reports on some weather affected events from Sydney Dragway and Hidden Valley.
One of my favourite parts of this issue is the sequence of Phil Lamattina's crash shot by Joe Maday from the deep end. It really is an incredible set of images and shows just how lucky he was to escape without more serious injury.
You can order Drag News Magazine here - http://dragnews.com.au/index.php/online-order-2
Thank you to everyone who has subscribed so far or purchased issues.
If you haven't subscribed yet, please consider doing so and help us continue to provide this great sport with the print magazine it deserves.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » wadragracing

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
vicrecyclers
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

aeroflow ofp

Rocket ofp

vpw-new-logo

logo for Drag News

grudgekings

dnm24cover

Single Issue  Subscription

Would you like to contact Drag News? Send an email to our team by clicking This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We'd love to hear from you.

Would you like to advertise on Australia's most popular drag racing site? Contact Drag News Australia This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for our rate sheet or to discuss opportunities.

DNA's T&C's